Thread: How can nothing be wrong?

How can nothing be wrong?

I'm sure most of us on here will relate to this. I have such a hard time convincing myself that there is nothing wrong with me.

day to day I have a miriad of symptoms that I just cannot believe that there is nothing wrong.

Every time I have blood taken I hold my breath when I phone up for the results as I am convinced it will detect something and then become puzzled as soon as they say 'normal no action'. How can it be normal I want to shout at them.

So then I start to worry that perhaps they weren't looking for something else so it has gone undetected and the whole process starts again.

I could write you a whole list of ailments I have on a day to day basis. It would be quicker for me to tell you what isn't wrong with me and even then I'd struggle as I could probably tell you something wrong with every body part.

Can other people relate to this? Some days I feel I'm driving myself up the wall with it. And how do I rid myself off this for good or will I always suffer?

Re: How can nothing be wrong?

i do this to myself, although i tend to get stuck on one particular thing. Like right now im scared of losing my mind or losing control of my body but last month i was scared of my arms and legs spasming out of control. I used to be like you though i would go from one illness or sympom to the next. I would get tested for something and then when the results came bk normal i would think well they didnt look for other things. Its really horrible isnt it. It wont last forever though. I got over my anxiety once with the help of a counsellor last year, unfortunaltly she left my surgery and i decided i was cured and didnt have anymore sessions. Looking back i needed a few more to build up my confidence in myself but thers no point dwelling on that. anyway im starting a new course of counsellng on friday. Have you ever had counselling

Hi

I can totally relate to what you are saying. Around Christmas time I had so many symptoms I really thought I had something seriously wrong with me. I was at the doctors at least every week, maybe twice a week. I just couldn't believe all these symptoms were just down to anxiety. I even went for a second opion to a different doctor, and went and embarrassed myself in the middle of a panic attack by asking the pharmacist's advice too.

Turns out it was anxiety, because it did calm down. i still get lots of symptoms, especially if I have to do anything different, but I know it's anxiety. Sometimes it gets the better of me a bit, but then I remind myself what it is. You have to do alot of self talking and reassuring yourself, but it is possible to get things down to a manageable level.

If you've had blood tests done and nothing has shown up, then I would use that to reassure yourself there's nothing wrong that isn't down to anxiety. I have different symptoms every day, it's like they all take a turn. Sometimes it's a racing heart, sometimes it's feeling sick, sometimes I feel dizzy and unreal.....the list is endless. I try to tune into something else and ignore it as much as possible because otherwise I'd never go any where or do anyhting. And that's no kind of life.

Hiya

I don't know why we don't accept that there is nothing physically wrong with us some of the symptoms are very strong and very peculiar.

My own little theory on me is that maybe I cannot accept that this is a mental illness I need to keep striving for something physical to explain everything away. I work in a psychiatric dept of a large hospital and during this particular spate of anxiety I have managed to practically frighten myself to death and have come up with some weird and wonderful things that I could possibly have. Its horrible isn't it ?
    I know for a fact thousands of people have these symtoms and it is anxiety (I can explain all this to anyone but when its me I don't believe it!) how bizzare is that

Love and best wishes

Heather
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know what you mean. I'm fantastic at giving advice and reassurance but when it comes to me I can't seem to listen to myself.

I have just completed a CBT course online as that is the first line of help where I am. Unfortunately I didn't find it very good so I will be mentioning that to my GP when I go back to see her. Not her fault at all, just the 'system'.

I have just purchased the Claire Weekes book that everyone is talking about so I will wait that with anticipation.

Hiya

I have bought various books and CDS this time around have ordered direct from MIND etc etc, but the Claire Weekes books may be a bit old fashioned now but they still work, they seem to talk common sense at you I have gone back to them, she explains every think like your mum or nan would just in plain basic Englishn no jargon no weird and wacky theories just plain sense.

Hope it works

Love Heather
    Xxxxxxx

Thread Information