Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowel cancer!

Bowel cancer!

Can anyone tell me?Back in march i had blood tests.This was for anaemia,full blood count,liver function test and thyroid and the y cam e back ok.

I am convinced I have bowel cancer but if i did have it shurley this wouldve come up as an abnormaility in my blood yeah??

This morning I went to the toilet and i had a little bit of blood in my stool.Now as you all know this is a terrible thing to see if you suffer from health anxiety..Surely if i had the C word i would have constant blood in my stools??

Any advise would be appreciated?

Thanks

Re: Bowel cancer!

did you have to strain to "go"? if so blood would be from anal tear, ive had this, I get IBS and if ive had alternating diarrhoea/constipation it would happen, just slightly
    did you eat anything that could be red
    is it anytime round your period? ovulation?

hiya yes something would show up in tests so please dont worry, u could have anything from piles which i have had loads sometimes they hurt sometimes they dont, if u been constipated u get bits of blood, also if u suffer IBS mayb that can cause this too. but its not serious so dont worry hun. keep busy and dont giv yourself to much thinking time.

Hi Guys,

Thanks you so much for your quick replies.Why does out health anxietys play with us like this???

I do have ibs wuite badly..Terrible trapped wind...

I am just so scared that it is something more severe,but like you both said a normal blood test wouldve picked up any abnormality?

Are any of you the same?As soon as i think about the pain etc,i get pains in my bum and right hand side?

Thanks x

Hello again!!

I had this fear and I also had blood, It was from constipation and very normal.

Did you know you really need to be over 40 to even think it might be bowel cancer?!

And if you hyave ibs then you may have colitis or piles both of which show blood.

I understand that this is your main fear at the moment, may I ask how much blood and what colour is the blood, also was it on the stool/in it or was it just when you wiped?

Also the pain is most likely gas i get that pain in my lower abdomen

Also if you are in doubt at all just pop into your Dr, Anxiety is not your fault and Drs understand that
    Last edited by joyce1980; 04-07-08 at 13:48. Reason: Add message

Anyway, A wee bit of bright red blood is usually a pile or tear from hard stools and straining.

Any blood thats darker slimy or is running out, you should see you Dr BUT EVEN then it will most likely be ibs or piles

Hope you feel better soon.

I know how worried you feel because the same thing happened to me. My doctor realised that I though it was bowel cancer and sent me for a barium enema and a sigmoidoscopy (camera up the bum). Everything was fine and all I have is a bit of diverticulitis that can be controlled by diet. Now I have actually seen my bowel on a screen I am not so frightened of it.

I know how wretched health anxiety makes you feel and I hope you soon feel better.

Along with feeling awful today anxiety wise my panic was worse when I went to the toilet today (had runny stools) and some blood came out afterwards. It wasn't just a little bit on the toilet paper and it happened twice. I am petrified now that it is something worse because my bottom feels really sore and like there are pains down there.

This has come out of the blue. I hadn't been straining or anything. The blood was bright red so I figure that's from lower down? But I am worried it was too much for a pile or tear? Surely that would just be streaking. Not a large bit of blood?

I get really bad piles and there is an awful lot of blood that comes out with them.

You can get the doc to easily check for piles and any tear and then get some treatment for it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information