Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: teenage son

Re: teenage son

to NMP xxx

welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Thank you all for you kind words and advice. It is really reassuring to know that other people are going through the same experiences are my son and I am.
    We had another stressful week, last week, but I am at last getting abit of support from his school. The GP has seen him too and is trying to explain that anxiety is bringing on his ashtma. He is also trying hypnotherapy which I'm hoping will help.

xx

Hi JAQ

I am sorry to hear you and your son had a stressfull week hun we are always hear if you need to vent hun

It is good to hear that you and your son are getting support from the school and your son is having hypnotherapy.

Remember hun, there may be times when things get a little tough, it takes time for things to get sorted, BUT, he WILL get better hun.

Please let us know how things go,

You take care

Wishing your son well

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi i havent had such problems with my kids, both are asthmatic, my son spent 10days in hospital on oxygen etc not too long ago, but luckily none of the problems your son has, Im sorry to hear things are hard, will he be any better now holidays are approaching?
    Take care.And keep posting it does help.xxx

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

i know somebody who does not have asthma but gets asthma like symptoms while having an anxiety attack... His situation is more difficult, it is intermingled with asthma... He needs to acknowledge the issue and seek help. Be very positive in attitude as you are talking about the subject. He needs encouragement so do you. Hope you guys feel better as mother and son soon.

Hiya hun to nmp its lovely to have you here
    You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. Im sorry your son and you are going through a rough time at the moment. keep posting as its good to talk about things and i realy hope we can be of some help to you. We also have a great chat room where you can talk to ppl about things or just have a giggle,so i hope to talk to you soon.

take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jaq,

Another member on here pointed me towards your post as she thought I may be of some help to you with my own experiences.

My daughter was diagnosed with OCD when she was 11/12 although we had seen signs of her problems much earlier on.

She missed a lot of time from school from years 7-10. She would wake up feeling sick or dizzy and work herself into an awful state so couldn't possibly be sent to school.

We informed the school as soon as she was diagnosed but they weren't particularly helpful at all. If she did manage to get into school she really needed to have some support person to turn to but this was never arranged despite numerous visits with her head of house.

She had to have her makeup perfect for school and she wore much to much of it but it was the only way her OCD would let it be. She got in trouble a lot through it but she only let me tell the school about it in yr10 and they still weren't sympathetic even though I was very forcefull with putting across my views.

She is now under the child mental health unit at the local hospital and seeing a counsellor. No progress yet but it is early days.

She has just taken her GCSES and has now left school though she hopes to return to 6th form in September.

I really hope that things improve for him very soon. Never be fobbed off by the school, always make sure your son is provided with all the support he needs.

Hope some of this has been of a little help to you.

Kate

thankyou Kate

That has been helpful. Like your daughter my son is thinking he can control this on his own. The school want to get the welfare officer involved and he not having any of this, saying he can do it on his own. He is suffering everyday and it is having such an effect of the rest of the family. My older son cant understand and thinks he is just "faking it". He wont even talk to him now. My partner is finding it difficult seeing me in a state. I have just taken some time off work to chill out, but finding it difficult to relax. Sometimes its hard to see the wood from the trees. I have had pa's in the past and feel so helpless because i cant make him better. I wish I could take this away from him as he is a lovely caring boy and he just wants to be well again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information