Thread: loss of sight

loss of sight

hi has anyone else ever had this happen
    i suffer with agoraphobia, panic attacks.
    1 example i was out shopping when became dizzy ,felt sick not quite there (foggy) hearing goes muffled then tunnel vison until i am completly blind , after sometime i will be sick and the my vison will come back very scary ..
    first time it happened i was 15 out with a friend she had to leave me clinging to a wall while she went to a friends house with a car to take me home .

although i would never wish this on anyone i hope some might be able to shed light on this .
    helen .

Re: loss of sight

hiya i cant help with giving u advice on your problem but just wanted to giv u a hug hun hopefully someone else will be able to advise u xx

donna thank you for youre kindness
    i am just wondering if this might have been one of the reasons i have developed agrophobia and panic attacks
    another cause may have been a weekness that suddenly come on mainly in my arms so much so that i can not lift my arm to move clothes on a clothes rail they become very heavy and shakey
    anyone else have this
    helen.?

no worries helen, i think anxiety plays a huge part in how we feel and can make us feel dreadful i do hope u start to feel better. have u had any therapy, i have CBT and its great i think it would help u hugs xxx

i cant help eather, even tho i have had this but is was something completly diffrant and didnt get tunnel vistion and did not thro up and it only happened when i bent down. If your worryed about it then go and see your GP or go and get your eyes tested. i am sure your fine hun really, try not worry.

((((hugsss)))))

amanda x

Hi Helen

Have had something similar to this not to the stage where I totally lost my vision but when I used to be very anxious I felt like everything was going out of my vision and getting very bright until I couldn't focuss it was just another symptom of my anxiety and something I haven't had for a while. Hope you feel better soon.

Carol

Hi Helen

I have never actually fainted or been sick due to a panic attack, but I have felt close to it many a time.

Sometimes people can faint due to a sudden drop in blood pressure, this can happen if you bend over and stand up suddenly. A drop in BP can affect your sight, hearing and make you feel sick.

Have you been to your doctor to check if you have low blood pressure? Maybe get your iron levels and blood sugars checked too as I think changes in these levels can also cause these symptoms.

Hope this reassures
    Jo x

http://quirkymind.blogspot.com/

Hi Helen

Sounds like hypertension Helen. Have you been checked out by your doctor?
    I'm tall, my son's tall, and my daughter is 5'11", and we all suffer from hypertension when getting up. Last week I was in B&Q and I ended up on my backside due to kneeling down and getting up, I just seen stars and that was it. BTW, You can get a blood pressure machine really cheap now, so you can monitor it yourself and go to your doctors if it is persistently low.

Tom

I think it sounds like a visual migraine (google it) - i have had a few as well. mine were related to eye strain from contacts. but going to the mall and shopping can sometimes make me very dizzy and motion sick.

I just posted my story of visual migraines on another thread and don't have time to retype it here - but please google it and see if this matches your feelings. sounds spot on.

Hiya been reading this with some interest, last year I was sitting at my desk in work when things got a bit funny around my vision things seemed to be shinning, shimmering etc,then I noticed a black spot in my field of vision which got larger and larger then I couldn't see properly. I started panicking and took myself over to accident and emergency where they diagnosed a visual migraine ( I didnt have a headache) I had a twitching mouth in fact lots of symptoms, the 12 year old Dr said oh I get this all the time its some sort of migraine! needless to say that was the start of all my panics and anxiety.

Thread Information