Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adrenalin

adrenalin

i read in a mag the other day that excersise gets rid of extra adrenilin, and that should help keep panic and anxiety down slightly, im not sure if this 100% works
    it also said to drink alot of water
    avoid caffeen and alcohol

im gunna give it a go

what do you think?

Re: adrenalin

I say go for it! I haven't had caffeine or alcohol since April and I started a dance class this week and I felt so good afterwards!

xxxxxxxx

i rarely have caffeine, stopped 3 years ago

very rarely have drink too. but do drink loads water, to help me swallow lol

i walk regularly with my dogs.

all these things help anx i believe.

i would also add talking frankly about ur fears and feelings too. just having someone who understands really helps me.

and if ur sleep is suffering, i was told to not eat after 6pm so that ur body is not digesting thru the night and keeping u awake, particularly large meals.

also eat plenty of fruit and veg, oily fish and nuts and seeds.

i sound a right plonker but i think these help too

milly xx

im getting some caffeen free tea bags later (its suprising how much caffeen there is in tea!) my only problem is i stuggle to talk openly about my problems, although if i get to know some of you guys here it may help me, because to be fair i dont really know anyone like me and even though i knew i wasnt it feels like im the only one.

Hi Fallinstar - I've got to add a caveat here that I'm not medically trained nor am I an authority on medical matters. Everything I post here is from experience and research. Having got that out of the way .....

Exercise does indeed burn adrenalin. Not only that it also produces endorphines which are the bodys natural feel good chemicals. Its certainly worth doing and a first line recommendation by most doctors for mild to moderate stress, anxiety and depression.

As for caffeine and alcohol, they are certainly on the top 4 list of stressful foods. I can't find the link to the top 10 list right now, but I can certainly remember the top 4 and their order. I was suprised by what I read :

1 Sugar
    2 Caffeine
    3 Alcohol
    4 Chocolate

You might be suprised by two of them also. Refined sugar affects your insulin levels more or less immediately. Thats what the body produces to cope with the sugar intake. However the body doesn't get it exactly right and also produces adrenalin to combat this. The insulin and adrenalin levels see-saw to some extent until a stable blood sugar level is attained.

As you can appreciate, adrenalin is one of the things that raises anxiety levels.

Chocolate scores high on the list because it contains both sugar and caffeine. Even though people eat this as a comfort food, it may not be quite as comforting as many anxiety sufferers think.

You can read more on Insulin here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin

Krakers.

When your heads in the sand you can't see the wood for the trees - namely because you're staring at sand.

Endocrinology is an extremly complex subject and the production of noradrenaline depends on loads of other factors including serotonin but in general I've always been advised to keep my intake of caffeine and sugar to a minimum,however if I feel a little woozy or off balance I find a wee bit of sugar helps.
    Decca.

I keep telling people to exercise more to get rid of the excess adrenalin but I am not sure people believe me!

Try it and you will find out for yourself.

I gave up caffeine over 10 years ago - bad bad thing for anxiety. Drinking water is good yes.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

fallin star

u can speak openly here at nmp about things that worry u hun

we all understand xxx

I walk for at least 45 minutes each day and it deffo does help me relax, apart from that my Cardiologist told me to.
    Decca.

http://www.home-remedy.org/insomnia-treatment.html

Lettuce
    Cooked lettuce has fantastic relaxant properties, and lettuce tea is known to be a quick-acting sedative.
    Mix 1 cup of shreaded lettuce with 1 cup of boiling water and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Strain the mixture and drink it before going to bed.
    Some people claim this to be the most effective natural insomnia treatment known as well as one of the best relaxants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information