Thread: fear of MS

fear of MS

Hi,
    for about a year and a half I have been feeling wobbly and dizzy, the floor feels like its moving I've been to the GP four times, he tells me it's anxiety, but I'm obsessed with MS, a friend of mine has got it and since then I think the symtoms I get are the same. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety seven years ago, but this feeling unsteady and fear of passing out only started a year and a half ago, has anyone else had this fear? now the fear of the illness seems to make me in a permanent state of anxiety, I even wake up at night thinking of the symtoms and I check to see if my hands are numb or if my vision is okay when i'm barely awake,
    it's taking over my life,
    all the best
    Malkita
    Last edited by Malkita; 10-07-08 at 16:20.

Re: fear of MS

Wow, yeah I am just getting over this fear!!

Look just do what I did and get reffered to a Neurologist, my Dr was nice enough to send me.

I did 30mins worth of physical tests and he checked my eyes, they know what the symptoms are.

thanks, my GP keeps saying it's not necessary, another GP recently did some balance tests and a few other things and also said there is nothing to suggest MS, I also had an eye test recently and the GP said the optician can also often pick up on MS. I've been reading that anxiety can make you feel like the floor is moving and wobbly, but I find it so hard to get the MS thing out of my head, all the best Malkita

I know matey, I had all that as well, I had to have the voice of a Neuro just to relax....my brother just died of epilepsy and so that added to this worry.

These symptoms are really all anxiety, I ended up going back on my meds and what do you know.....all the symptoms faded away after 4 weeks.

Try to ignore them and take ease in knowing that Drs don't like to be sued soo it they say you are ok..then they have looked and believe you are ok.

x x x

cheers for the reasurrance xxx

Any time, others do it for me here too and I'm glad I can help

Thread Information