Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lost inside of me

Re: lost inside of me

hi

i know anx and depression is a terrible illness, and i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, but i do have to say that although i would love to be the confident bubbly me i was before, there is a little bit of me that realises that the illness has made me a much nicer and more tolerant person too. yes im scared, and worried and subservient to ppl, but i am also a better listener and have more undersatnding to others needs.

i would love to go back and feel happy and confident, but keep the tolerant side that anx has taught me.

so i guess a balance of the old and new mill is what id aim for.

anx has certainly taught me alot ablout myself, and how to relate to other ppl.

milly xxx

Can definatly relate to that about 65 per cent maybe more of the time feel lost, and in dread of how bad things are going to be its the anticipation that makes it hard.
    Personally know what mean by wanting the real self to come out its not that dont want the real self to come out its that am scared to do it, its the minds way of protecting yourself, protecting yourself from threat from others.
    Theres nothing wrong with it, but nothing is going to push forward unless make it come from WITHIN that is the thing it has to be done within.
    It hurts and its not nice facing the demons but in the end it will either push u three steps forward or three steps back right!
    Am always terrifed of confrontation and meeting new people seems that am never going to be extroverted or an PEOPLE PERSON but everyone is different and its not fair to beat self up because of how different people can make u feel.
    Cant let everyone in and cant be perfect for everyone.
    Small steps is the key one step at an time.
    Dont try to much to fast

Stay strong and postive

yeap I agree, baby steps is the key achievable goals that will make you feel on a high and yes milly I want to keep the tolerant side of me and find the happy confident side too and loose a lillte of the worrying part of me, I know it will take time but I so want a life and it is this desire that will keep me moving forward

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information