Thread: after 9 good days panic is back tonight

after 9 good days panic is back tonight

Hi

For the past 9 days i have not had a panic attack and my anxiety has barely been there. After a terrible few months i feel like im getting there again.

Until this evening. I feel very anxious and panicky. Usual symptoms, lite headed, feeling unreal etc.

I did have 2 drinks this afternoon, something i dont normally do when im on meds, and i took 2 painkillers for toothache.

Do u think this could be the reason for me feeling like this?

I really thought i was getting somewhere and now feel im going backwards again.

love mandie x

Re: after 9 good days panic is back tonight

There's a lot of things going on in our heads that can set us back. Brain chemistry changes all the time, especially if we don't enough sleep, or get a general infection, like colds or flu. You can't always put mood change down to thought. Just don't see it as a setback and see how you feel in a few days.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom_M; 13-07-08 at 00:30.

I was doing really well as well and then it hit me again on Friday. Like Tom said there are many many triggers. For women it can be hormones especially. Not enough sleep, too much sleep, diet, and much much more. Dont look at it as a fall back. It is just a minor glitch and you will go back to being fine. Sometimes its one step forward and two steps back but we will get there.

Anticipation anxiety sometimes rolls towards another panic attack... Don't plan and anticipate the next attack. Don't think too much about it. Oh I drank a few drinks, oh I did this or that... It just happens sometimes, accept it. Welcome it, don't run away from it. Repeat it like a mantra in meditation: "I sometimes get anxious and have attacks. And sometimes I don't. Like before it will go away soon... It never harmed me... It is flight/fright response; it is there to save me from a threatening situation... There is no threat right now... I am safe..." etc...

Hi
    As a fellow sufferer I have read alot of books on this subject and they all say that we will have good and bad days, the thing to remember is that the more good days the more progress. I have also started having an alternative therapy called Shiatsu, this so far has made a huge difference to me. I am still having panic attacks but they are less strong and alot less frequent than they where.
    Good luck to you

Thank you for your replies everyone.

Today was slightly better.

I need to accept im gonna get off days

love mandie x

Hi hun

You have had great replies allready, but what I will say is, YES, you have to learn to eccept, BUT, DO NOT learn to expect. Not only is each day, different, but each minute, each hour of our day. Are day, CAN, get better.

We eccept how we feel, but we DO NOT, expect to feel like this for the next, second, minute hour or the next day, ohhhh does that make sense LOL

YOU ARE doing GREAT hun, be proud of yourself, as it has been allready said, focus MORE, on how well you are doing.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by jill View Post
    Hi hun

You have had great replies allready, but what I will say is, YES, you have to learn to eccept, BUT, DO NOT learn to expect. Not only is each day, different, but each minute, each hour of our day. Are day, CAN, get better.

We eccept how we feel, but we DO NOT, expect to feel like this for the next, second, minute hour or the next day, ohhhh does that make sense LOL

YOU ARE doing GREAT hun, be proud of yourself, as it has been allready said, focus MORE, on how well you are doing.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX
    i completly agree... do not learn to expect. anticipation anxiety also creates panic attacks...

Thread Information