Thread: Making sense of it all

Making sense of it all

Hello everyone, not sure where to post this exactly as i'm not sure if it's anxiety/ocd or perhaps a little of both .

This all started when i was having problems with my teeth (severe toothache which as now thankfully been sorted), since then i keep feeling the need to check my tooth and worry that a particular tooth (one which sets back to the rest, under a fang) is going to become loose. I've been to the dentist a few days back and explained this to him and he checked it and said it feels pretty solid and it isn't loose so why am i feeling this dreaded panic and becoming anxious? I checked it physically with my fingers for weeks which made me think it was ocd, but i've lessened down with that now, thank god and think it stems from me being/feeling anxious. Like for example if i have a disagreement with my bf or feel tension in general settings it makes me have this dreading feeling all over again.

Sorry if this post is a bit jumbled, was just trying to "let it all out". As anyone got any tips for how to deal with this? Tried and tested methods? I'm 23 years old, a normal girl who should be enjoying life, not fearing the feeling of anxiety. This is the first time anything like this as happened so have had no previous experience in dealing with this feelings/thoughts.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Babes xx

Re: Making sense of it all

Hiya hun first of all this is quite a commen fear
    my daughters mother inlaw also has a fear that something is wrong with her teeth and that they will fall out
    ways to help these thoughts
    have you told your doc about your fear? CBT theropy may be a good help to you and also try putting an elastic band on your wrist and when you get this urge to check or feel anx about it pull the band and let it go.
    it will distract your thoughts away from it at the time.
    kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: Making sense of it all

Thanks for your reply Kellie, haven't spoke to my doctor about any of this, wanted to see if i could control it on my own first. Great idea about the elastic band, shall try that method.

xx

Thread Information