Thread: Worried re BP

Unhappy Worried re BP

Hi

Im so worried about my BP
    Not the actual level so much but the fact that the reading falls when I stand up and I know it should go up.The lower figure increases but the upper one decreases

I have been feeling really awful recently and am dizzy and cannot feel my arms and legs sometimes often when driving etc.my arms can go like ice and my legs numb not often at the same time and i just cannot take anything in,cannot hear etc :(

I am on the verge of passing out al the time.I have ringing in my ears and foggy vision and Im so desperate.Im sure I have cancer which is making my heart function poorly.I dragged myself to bed last night at 9.30 but was still awake at 2am.Is this my body saying don't sleep in case you die?

I had my BP taken by the nurse a week ago but tha was sitting down obviously

Any words of wisdom would be good
    ty
    H x
    Last edited by hunny; 17-07-08 at 17:12. Reason: poor spelling

Re: Worried re BP

Hunny, you bp will drop for a few seconds when you stand up, thats why ppl with low bp feel a bit dizzy when the stand up from sitting or lying down. Then after a few secs it catches up. If you had it taken not long ago and the nurse wasnt worried then it should be ok, but that doesnt explain why you feel the way you do...did you tell her how you feel, or the doc?

Something i want to ask you tjough...how do you know that you bp is different when you stand up? do you have a monitor on every minute of the day? Its never a good idea to keep checking your bp really, it will only make your anxiety worse. Also, where exactly do you think you have cancer...in your arms or legs or your blood? The symptoms you describe sound more like your anx in overdrive as ive never heard of cancer presenting in this way.

Best wishes
    Cathy xxx

It is just postural hypotension. 80% of people have it, I promise it is ok. Mine does the same thing. If it is causing you to feel dizzy etc then get up slowly or put your hand on the back of your head and push your head into your hand before getting up, it helps raise it while you stand and takes away the symptoms. If the symptoms are that bothersome you maybe deficient in a vitamin or mineral such as iron. Make sure you salt your food in moderation to help keep it up as well. Low BP is a good thing, its a great thing actually. If more people in the world were walking around with low bps there would be so many less heart attacks!
    When I was still on meds my BP would go as low as 75/40 and I survived it. I promise you will be fine!

I have low ish BP 100/60 and 2 weeks ago I blacked out on standing, it was pretty scary but I know now its just the BP being low and my anxiety made it worse.

Anxiety is an awful thing, if you think you have cancer though go to your GP, I am not saying you have it but I once was obsessed I had leaukemia and I told my GP honestly what I was thinking, he did some bloods to reassure me and that fear was out of my head, he reassured me about it so much that it rarely enters my mind now.

You are fine im sure, I get ringing ears and foggy vision if I am very anxious.

Thank for replies

I just want to be normal

Thread Information