Thread: Is it safe to go into work?

Is it safe to go into work?

I know this will probably sound incredibly stupid, but it is genuinely worrying me, and so I just have to ask. Anyway, I was kept up for most of last night by mosquitoes in my room (I somehow convinced myself they were carrying some nasty tropical disease, and spent a lot of the night trying to catch them all and take them outside, since I couldn't bear to actually kill them), and slept a total of somewhere between 4 and 5 hours. I feel exhausted now, but Mum says I still have to into work anyway. I'm worried that going in when I'm so tired might be bad for me, though (my legs feel really weak, and I'm worried that I might fall over or something like that). Is it safe to go in when I'm feeling like this?

Re: Is it safe to go into work?

work may help keep your mind off it but depends on what your job is
    also dont push yourself harder then you feel happy to

Quote Originally Posted by tantopat View Post
    I know this will probably sound incredibly stupid, but it is genuinely worrying me, and so I just have to ask. Anyway, I was kept up for most of last night by mosquitoes in my room (I somehow convinced myself they were carrying some nasty tropical disease, and spent a lot of the night trying to catch them all and take them outside, since I couldn't bear to actually kill them), and slept a total of somewhere between 4 and 5 hours. I feel exhausted now, but Mum says I still have to into work anyway. I'm worried that going in when I'm so tired might be bad for me, though (my legs feel really weak, and I'm worried that I might fall over or something like that). Is it safe to go in when I'm feeling like this?

You will be OK people that go out clubbing have less sleep than that and I hear Margaret Thatcher survived on 4 hours sleep per night

Thanks for the reassurance, and I'll definitely make sure not to push myself too much! ;^^ Oh, and Trixie, that was actually quite spooky; my Mum said the exact same thing about Margaret Thatcher when I asked her about feeling tired after posting this! Great minds think alike, I guess! :P

You'll be fine.

I once went to work on 2 hours sleep, drove there with my windows wide open to keep me awake!

Kate

i think making decisions with anx is so difficult.

u dont want to let anyone at work down, and dont want them to think badly of u.

but ur aware that is u make mistakes ppl will judge u too.

i went to work when clearly the amount of sleep id had affected my performance. when it got to the stage when i was being physically sick at the thought of making small mistakes and dealing with them, i realised that i was more a liability than an asset.

making that decision was so hard

milly xxx

Quote Originally Posted by tantopat View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance, and I'll definitely make sure not to push myself too much! ;^^ Oh, and Trixie, that was actually quite spooky; my Mum said the exact same thing about Margaret Thatcher when I asked her about feeling tired after posting this! Great minds think alike, I guess! :P

So they say. Make sure you get a good nights sleep tonight though.

Thread Information