I wonder if anybody else has ever had the same sensations that I suffer from. The doctors can find no reason for my complaint other than Gerd.

The problem I have is a strange heaviness and firm feeling to the touch in my epigastric region, especially on starting going out for a walk. My legs also feel shaky and weak but improve as i progress along the 3 mile walk that I do daily. There are two or three hills on the walk and after doing the first and second hills things tend to settle and I feel better. My legs then feel relatively normal.

The other sensation I get is a type of what seems like a stomach spasm which can come on in a blink of an eye, cause momentary loss of breath and panic like sensations. It then passes in a few seconds 5 at the most. It starts with a very fast pressure sensation and then proceeds to the spasm. These spasms do not happen when walking only on sitting or lying down.

The only medication that I am on is Lansoprazole, and I do wonder if the sensations are to do with low stomach acidity, poor motility or the tablets themselves. My Gp dismisses any side effects with this medication as another sign of my anxiousness with taking prescription medications as I am drug phobic due to a previous bad experience with another medication.

Any ideas folks as I am at the end of my tether with these very unpleasent sensations, and in some respects they are hindering my progress in completely defeating my anxiety problems. Thanks