Thread: Need information on problems related to the heart!!!

Need information on problems related to the heart!!!

Hi everyone, I have been getting a bit more conscious about my health theses days as my friend was recently diagnosed with a coronary artery problem which has been a serious concern for me as well. I would like to know the best resources available on the web for more information about the problems concerned with the heart and as it relates to the body. I can do a basic search on that, but I’d like to get some input and advice from those who have been able to dig a little deeper and find some valuable sources.

Re: Need information on problems related to the heart!!!

Jackson

That sounds like the last thing you need. If you any worries, go and see a doctor. What you're really after is re-assurance, and there is NO information on the web that can offer that, I promise.

Hi hun,

You have put this in the health anxiety threads, do you suffer health anxiety hun,? it is sooo important, NOT to google things when anxiety levels are high, we can put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

I can understand your concerns hun, but do you feel, looking into this is going to help hun? looking to deep into things can make your anx a hole lot worse.

The majority of people on the heatlh forum threads, know what they suffer with, health anxiety, BUT, find it dame hard to NOT think it is something more sinister, so It is a rule on here NOOO googling.

Maybe if you put this in the symptoms threads, someone maybe able to help hun

I am not sure why you wish to look deeper into things hun, maybe if you feel the need to know more and your concered about your health,(your heart) getting youself checked by your gp, would be better hun

I know when I was acute, I had checks done, heart, bloods, chest x-ray, this did help reasure that I was fit and healthy, mm well apart from panic, high anxiety.

I do hope that someone can help you on this hun

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

That's right … you can always and easily do a search on that. It's really very important to be updated and stay updated on such issues and especially when you have someone close to you going through that. There are many sources that can provide you with related info on the subject … it just depends on what you would like in the content of the site. I have been recently looking up on a resource that has some good info on heart health problems. I found this site to be the most comprehensive while remaining fairly easy to comprehend, as this issue can be easily complicated by the unnecessary use of medical terms.

Hi you say it concerns you as well, is there a valid reason for it or is it just because of your friend? I ask this as my friend was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer and my health anxiety came back with a vengeance, im hoping im on my way out of it again but i know how fickle it can be, 1 step forward 2 back, if you can tell us whether it is HA or a genuine problem [not that HA isnt it is of course] but there is only so much we can do as members.

a big hug to you anyway

I think finding out more information is defintely only going to cause more problems. I know that isnt what you want to hear because I myself find myself googling way more than I should.
    If you are starting to feel more conscious about your health start up a great diet and exercise program and learn some relaxation etc. I have done so recently and it has made a world of difference. I was on 4 different blood pressure medications to control my BP I am now 3 months medication free!!!! With a completely awesome BP. Which I achieved with the diet and exercise. I wasnt overweight but just needed the cardio to get my heart working harder.

Do not start taking drugs due to trends or claims generally made.

For example, the popular trend and claims about enteric aspirin. There have been studies dating back to 2003 that indicates that enteric coated aspirin may not be able to produce the heart protection that full dose and/or non coated aspirin can.

And as excaza pointed out, refer to your doctor or a doctor for guidance, not medical advice of treatments found on forums or online.

Thread Information