Thread: Got offered a job today---over the moon but------

Got offered a job today---over the moon but------

Hi
    Well I went for an interview today and got offered a job as a cleaner in a school.Great hours and a HUGE positive step for me cos I havent worked for years due to worrying about my health and always thinking i am going to be ill.I have definately(thanks to everyone on here) turned a corner and I am having a lot more positive days now than bad days.
    The hours are great---just enough to give us some extra cash but not too many to be freaking out!!!!! LOL
    Sooo -----the big thing now that is worrying me and i am sure all my fellow HA sufferers understand---they did say that i may or may not have to have a medical.It is all done on a random selection(but knowing my luck you know what i am thinking---ha ha!!!!)
    AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    Obviously i said that isnt a problem but i am now really worried. I am totally phobic about medical stuff(as most of you know who have had read my posts) and i am sure a lot of you will understand. I hate having my BP checked and it usually shoots off the monitor!!At home(which my GP understands so lets me check at home) it is perfectly normal. However, for some reason, thankfully,last time at the GPs it was normal too LOL(first time ever in 25 years!!).
    So---does this sound crazy??On one hand i am ecstatic i have got a job after a lot of years and only the second job i have applied for but the other side of me is thinking I DONT WANT TO HAVE A MEDICAL!!!!!
    If i was selected to have a medical when would it be.???Before i start???? I am due to start next week.
    Thanks for reading this-xxx

Re: Got offered a job today---over the moon but------

Hey Jelly,

CONGRATS - you did it. I am so proud of you girl. You can do this and if you have to have a medical, it is just one small hurdle on the way to a better life. I too am totally afraid of medicals but I think if I were in your situation I would go ahead and do it. I truly believe that this job will be so great for you and help you stop obsessing over lumps and bumps.

Please stay positive and look forward to a new life. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Natalie

hey jelly well done hun

dont tlet this small hurdle set u back from the mamouth leap uve taken thus far.

if a medical presents its self, so be it.

u can explain about ur ha, its an illness hun.

pll cannot discriminate if uve been diagnosed longer than a year. if ur fit to do the job hun, then ur fit.

dont stress, it might not even happen

love mill xxx

Hello Jelly

Well done, what a great step forward. I reckon the job will really do you good and boost your confidence no end, take it. Chances are the medical will never crop up.

Good luck with the job.

Carol

Thread Information