Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obsessed now

Obsessed now

Hi all,
    as most of you may know i have been having bad PA's for 3 months & i get pains in my chest, well now i'm starting to wonder, i've never really had a good diet & i've always been a complete chocoholic (i'm talking sometimes 3 bars a day) i'm not overweight though i'm a size 10 & weigh 8stone 3 could all the chocolate have clogged up my arteries, before my panic attacks i was quite active and i still usually walk at least an hour a day, but i sometimes feel out of breath, also would an ecg show if i had clogged arteries? or if i was at any kind of risk of a heart attack?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Many Thanks
    Lou

Re: Obsessed now

it could be the caffiene in the chocolate not helping

esp if u drink tea and coffee also

i found my pas reduced greatly once i cut caffiene out my diet.

i only have to have a couple of starbucks and im hyper again

milly xx

Yes i've been told this before & i've cut down on chocolate, i don't drink tea or coffee at all, & i very rarely drink alcohol!
    I'm hoping to get a councelling appointment in the next week or so, hopefully i can discuss all my fears with them, i dont know wether i'm just over analysing every little thing, i think deep down i know that i'm not in any immediate danger, i'm just constantly thinking what if?????
    Thanks for your advice
    xx

Hi Hun

Ohhhh hun, Mrs anxiety is playing with you, please, DON'T let her do this to you. You are a young lady, eating choc, is not going to clog up your arteries.

An ecg will show if your heart is under any strain, I had one of these done hun, when I was acute, all came back normal.

You say you never, really have a good diet, hun, you can make positive pathways forward to change this, start eating a little more fruit an veg.

Your syptoms all sound anxiety related to me hun

You are not alone in how you feel hun please, separate your symptoms and look them up one by one on here, they are all anxiety related.

You take care

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

i would think chances are pretty low that you have a heart problem.

when my PAs started I smoked, ate junk food, didnt exercise, and was (still am) overweight. So I thought it was my heart immediatly. But after countless tests, there is nothing wrong... I'd like to say all the tests made me less anxious but they didnt. I still worry about my heart. but now i quit smoking and exercise and eat green things, so i feel better.

so my advice is to get it checked out if youre really concerned, but youre probably fine. chest/heart pains are very common with panic.

Thankyou for your replies, ike i said i think i know deep down that it is just the anxiety getting to me (maybe because i'm back at work after maternity leave) think i will try & make an appointment with my GP to see if there is anything else that it could be, i was breastfeeding about 6 months ago, & ever since that my right breast hasn't felt right so mastisus is a possiblity i guess... (sorry i try to think rationally but i'm no good at it!)

sweetie, im sure youre fine. its just the anxiety monster like folks are saying. but get it checked and good luck!!

this is kind of a funny story.

when i first started having panic attacks, i was convinced i was having a heart attack, that my heart was going to stop beating at any minute. so i would sit and listen to my pulse, and my heart palpated, and sent me into a blind panic, so i go running across my apartment and down the stairs outside because i just KNEW my heart had stopped beating and i was dying.

it was several days later that i realized that if my heart had stopped beating i obviously wouldnt have been able to run anywhere. but at the time it seemed like the only logical explanation.

Hi hun,

You say you know deep down that its all anxiety related, the hardest thing is knowing just where your anxiety is coming from.

My friend has had mastisus, the breast is sore to touch, can become very tender and swollen and hard, if you have concerns about this, please pop along to your gp, you can get meds for this, which work wonders.

*** sorry i try to think rationally but i'm no good at it***

You have nothing to be sorry about, part of this illness is the fact that it can be dame hard to think rationlly about things, you have to re learn to think rational and this takes time. working on our thought pattens takes alot of hard work time and support.

Please, hun, never tell yourself your no good at things, YOU ARE, at this present moment in time, tell youself YOU CAN learn to think rationally, try reading books on CBT, which I found very helpfull myself.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Sounds like health anx lou lou, don't worry. Chocolate has dairy produce in, so if eaten to excess will only cause weight gain, not blocked atteries. I'd say blocked atteries would be the result of many years of self abuse, excess smoking, drinking, saturated fried foods, obesity and no excercise etc..(and that wouldn't be a garantee) just more likely.
    Your none of them - so I'm confident and please to say you are defo gonna be fine from what you've described.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information