Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yay To Citalopram

Yay To Citalopram

To any one who is concerned taking the medication, don't be worried, I have been on it for nearly 14 days.

You do get side effects, but they pass in a few days. I have slept much better every nite, I am already alot carmer, the black cloud is starting to fade, I am now worrie less.. and I am starting to deal with my issue.

I am finding work at lot easier again not such a chore.

One advice, do not look up the side effects, it make you feel worse,lol. and just basically look forward to feeling like your old self. the medication there to make you feel better not worse. I just wanted to add something positve.

Re: Yay To Citalopram

hiya domm

just wanted to say glad your feeling better!

i agree with you about not looking at the side affects you end up imaging you have them all!iv been on citalpram for a while and the side affects didnt last to long and werent really that bad.and the way i look at it is if they make you feel better in the end then there worth putting up with.

hope you continue to feel better, take care xxx
    jenny xxxx

I've tried citalapram a couple of times now and i've sat and read through all of the side effects and it's put me off taking them.I've read so much on here about them and i'm thinking that maybe i might give them another go. It's worth a try.

Yeah you should.

I am a emptophobic, so I am the first to read the side effects, and it did worry me. first 4 or 5 days. I was seeing or the negective of taking the meds, it wasn't until a couple of days ago, I actually realised OMG I am starting to feel a little better.

So give it ago, what the worse that can happen

Did you mean to close this thread? I have re-opened it

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I wondered why this thread was closed? I think it would be good to have a thread about the positives of Citalopram.

Ive been on them 2 weeks and am feeling much better already. If they take 5/6 weeks to feel maximum effects, bring it on I say

Glad to hear a positive thread about Citalopram. People really should never read the side effects before taking medication. They are obliged to list every single thing anyone has ever complained about when taking them but this doesn't mean everyone is going to have every sympton. In fact the majority probably have one or two if that and lots none at all.

I started Citalopram in 2005 (when joined site) I had one small side effect which passed in about a week! I've increased from 20mg to 40mg which I remain on.
    I will know when I'm ready to decrease but for now while i'm on an even keel I shall remain on them and also like this thread is doing, tell people the positive effect of them.

Agree sax. Just read the sheet that comes with Parcetomol or Aspirin.

I have been on Citalopram for nearly 11 months now.

This time last year I had THE WORST bout of severe depression I have had since 2001. I was pescribed 20mg to begin with. After side effects, such as 'metallic taste' in my mouth, lack of labido, and my legs shaking uncontrollably, things felt better.

I was signed off by my GP, and I didn't want to stay at home and 'vegitate'. So I went back to college, and took an Access to University course. Part way through the first term I started to go downhill again. So the Dr. upped my dose from 20 - 40mg. This made me sick, dizzy, I shook everywhere for a week or so, so the GP lowered it to 30mg.

I have been on 30mg a day for 9 - 10 months now.

So, how do I feel now - aside from my left foot shaking now and again, I have successfully passed my Access course, I am going to University in October (Reading), my motivation is 'normal' I don't have 'black days'. I now feel as I used to before I started work when I was 16!! All this for a shaky foot (I can live with shakey lefty footie - NOT my severe depression!!!)

So for me, yes Citalopram does work, with minimal side effects and I am now back in control with my life again. Something that hasn't been there for soooooooo long.

Without these tablets I know what I would go back to, and as these have stopped me going downhill again, I feel fine taking them indefinatly (if need be)

HI There

I must agree with the postive side of taking this medication. I have been on them for almost two months and I feel loadz better. I most admit I did read the leaflet on the side effects and it scared me but I am soooo glad I kept taking them.

I am starting to feel more positive about doing things and going places. I am not getting as many panic attacks and negative thoughts and my 'black days' are lessening.

I just wanted to post a thread because I wish I had visited this site when I first started taking them because it would have made me feel much better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information