Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nausea

Nausea

Hi,

I thought I posted this before but now I can't find the message thread. I've been experiencing nausea lately. It use to be really bad but now its not but I still get it. I actually thought I was pregnant but after taking a pregnancy test at the doctor as well as the fact i'm on birth control and have been taking it correctly, I've ruled that out. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this symptom and what you do to get it to stop. It really sucks!

Hi Bannanarbabe

Ive never actually been sick(im scared of it!!) but most days I feel really sick and I do a dry heave X

hi Bananarbabe,

I have often felt very sick, though I have never actually vomited. It can happen at different times of the day, whether I've eaten or not. It's just a symptom of anxiety so please don't worry..

Sarah

hi there,
    when my panic/anxiety was at its worst, i was feeling nauseous 24/7. i spent ages just sitting on the sofa hoping it might go away but when it didn't, i started having CBT and also made myself do stuff around the house - tiny tasks like making a cup of tea or making the bed or something, just to take my mind of how sick i was feeling.
    nausea is definitely an anxiety symptom and i think that if you try to distract yourself in whatever way you can, you'll find the nausea fades. i still get it, but not as bad.
    henri x

Hi Bananarbabe,

After my first PA I had this symtom 24/7 I would feel sooo unwell but I never vomited. It was strange because after finding this site and learning how to deal with PA anxiaty this symptom and others would come and go. Now I am alot better and don't have this symptom as all.
    I do still get some little symtoms of anxaity but there is always a reason, which is my thoughts that are going on in my head befor the symptom appears. I know that if I fear the symptom, the longer it will last, so these days I just think here we go again, they do not last for long.
    For me my PA just seemed to come out of the blue, but now I know where thay came from. I looked back on my thoughts and I am sad:( to say that most days my thoughts where always negative ones.
    So not only did I have to change my thoughts about symptoms of PA anxiaty but I also had to change my thoughts about me and my life.
    It has been sooooo hard at times, its easy to fight with someone else but it is very hard to fight with yourself.
    Take it not one day at a time but each moment at a time , learn to change your thoughs not only to the symptoms but to each thing you do througout the day, put as much positive thoughs in your head as you can. Allow yourself a little anxiaty because all people have a little it is just how you react to it that counts. Ask yourself when life throws s**t at you, " is it s**t or is it just a bit a muck which can be brushed asway.
    It is not easy changeing the way we think bananarbabe but it CAN be done.
    Learning not fear the symptoms and understanding your thought patterns will get you where you want to be, and that is feeling better.
    It WILL go.

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXX

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I appreciate it. I'm going to be seeing a therapist starting tomorrow and I'm hoping it will help. I've been feeling nausaous and lightheaded again. I'm trying hard to ignore it.

Good luck with the therapist!! Let us know how it goes..

nervous

and your old one : Nausea

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

This site is always so helpful. For the last few days I have been feeling nauseated and lightheaded for no apparent reason. I finally sat down this morning and googled "chronic nausea" and what did I find? That in the absence of other symptoms, the most likely explanation is depression and anxiety. Then the lightbulb went off and I came here and found this thread. You'd think the first thing I would think of would be anxiety! Duh.

lol Lilith that's normally the way hun!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information