Thread: Snapping Noises and muscles misbehaving

Snapping Noises and muscles misbehaving

Jusr recently I have noticed that all my muscles feel relaly tight. Like they're too short. I used to be very flexible but now I can only bend down so far before my legs hurt. I feel like I have lost a lot of muscle and quite often when I move I get snapping sounds.

Is this all normal and cause by anxiety or should I be worried. COuld I have a mineral/viatmin deficiency? Even my hands and fingers feel very tight all the time and I feel like the tendons all over are grating against my bones and that I don't have much muscle.

And I get twitching all the time. I find that after I have stretched a muscle it starts twitching as well.

I am not getting panic attacks anymore and feel more relaxed so I cannot understand why I feel so 'tight'.

Re: Snapping Noises and muscles misbehaving

Maybe you're just out of condition and/or it's the ageing process (unless you are very young!). I get muscle twitches, tremors and cracking bones which I've had for years. I used to be able to touch the floor with the palms of my hands flat on the floor but I can just about reach my knees now! Regular exercise should fix it I'd imagine.

Just because your mind has relaxed hun it dont mean your muscles have
    You have had wks/months/years of your muscle tension and they are not just going to unwind
    Snapping muscles or creaking ones are very commen
    why not try going to the gym hun or doing some kind of exercise to help you muscles unwind them selfs

best of luck

kellie.xxxxx

Thank you both.

I am only 30 so I'm not quite ready to put it down to aging

I do go to the gym once a week but I find I am shattered afterwards.

I have started doing some stretching which improves it during the day but once I sit down for half an hour, or get up in the morning, it has returned just as bad.

I used to (and I'm only talking a matter of months ago) be bale to touch the floor with my palms flat as well, but my lower back and hamstrings and calves are only allowing me to get down as far as my knees now!

I am scared stiff it's something like ALS, MD, MND, MS or something worse.

We all get aches and pains. It is completely normal, and even the fittest people in the world will attest to that. Muscle aches and tightness can be directly attributed to anxiety as well. That is why many people get neck tension when they are stressed. You can't focus on every little ache and pain because you wil drive yourself nuts. 30 years old or not, if you don't exercise on a regular basis, you will lose strength and flexibility. Once a week at the gym will not solve the problem. Everything i read encourages about 3 times a week, however; whatever you can squeeze in is better than nothing. Also, in the morning, we are all stiff. Your body goes into re-building mode while asleep. Obviously since you use your muscles constantly all day long, the lactic acid build up will cause some aches and tightness. Just continue to strech, try to go to the gym more often and most importantly, don't pay attention to everything!

Thread Information