Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nervous tummy??

Nervous tummy??

hi everyone

I am new to this site and i am finding it so useful!!

I have general anxiety disorder and have been having probs with my "bowel movements" for about a year.

I hate talking about it and get so embarrasesd but have had to discuss it with docs, family, work so often these past few months am getting used to it

I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done in April and the results came back normal. The doc then congradulated me on becoming another sufferer of "IBS" or nervous stomach as he liked to call it.

I just want to know if anyone else has suffered from this as a result of the anxiety- as soon as i get in the car to go somewhere my stomach knots and i have a sudden urgency to go to the toilet- to be honest i very rarely have to go and the feeling passes but at the time i am in agony-, also if i am going somewhere (like work) i have to go to the toilet about 5 times before i even leave the house- its not diaherrea (i really cannot spell that) but is loose and its more the pain. I am on tablets from the docs but i dont think they make a difference.

Any comments would be appreciated- i am not alone am i???

Re: Nervous tummy??

You're definitely not alone! IBS is ever so common amongst anxiety sufferers, so don't worry. xx

Your not alone,I have lots of problems with my tummy cos of anxiety.I always need the loo before an anxious situation,and its always loose I have had the same tests as you to

You are def not alone, I have IBS its horrible. I always get the feeling I need to go & when I get to the loo I don't at all but then they are times, I can't get off the bleeding thing! I always panic too when they is no loo around or if I am in company of people I don't really know or who don't know I have IBS. It is a horrible thing to suffer from, I wouldn't wish it on my worst ememy.
    xx

I tried peppermint tablets for a while from holland & barrett that helped a bit with the pain but I kept forgetting to take them! I tend to put a wheat bag warmed in microwave on my tummy, I find that helps the pain. x

same here I go 8 to 10 times a day when Im suffering from anxiety, had all the same test too so dont worry its part of the package.

Stevie xx

I have IBS and a few months ago it was really bad due to my anxiety. I was passing loads of mucus and had to 'go' all the time. This got really embarrassing as I was staying with an aunt for a break. I had loads of wind too which didn't help.
    My anxiety is still high with constant panic attacks but at least my IBS has settled down now.

Sunny

thank you guys

so reassuring to know that im not alone!!

i tried peppermint tea and found that useful - going go get some again tomorrow and will try the tablets.

Its not so much the amount of times i have to go to the toilet itss the pain and i worry and panic that i aint going be able to hold it in until i get to a touilet lol and when i get panic attack my body wants to get rid of any unwanted waste which makes the feelings worse!! i just need to realise that they are feelings and not reality (doesnt really help when u r in the middle of the countryside haha)

Has anyone with IBS had a reaction to augmentin-duo? I got a wisdom tooth extracted on Wednesday, and started taking the Augmentin last night, this morning i woke up and i leaked. I know its gross, but just wondering if anyone else has had this?

hey

i had never even heard of Augmentin until i read ure comment- sorry!!

I looked it up on the web and it did say that diaherrea (theres my spelling again!) can be a side effect (this was from a medical page not one of these cowboy scary ones!)

How u feeling now?? How often do u need to take it- did u eat anythin in the last 48 hours that could have cuased it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information