Thread: Neighbours Anxiety?

Neighbours Anxiety?

I live in the country in a group of 3 houses, all open at the back, in the middle with neighbours on either side - these are the same neighbours as they bought each property either side of us..

Now they have a lot of Animals which wander onto our land (cats, dogs, chickens) and even go through our hedge onto their house next door as our fence has blown down.

I am going to replace the fence so the dogs stop running across our land, but i feel quite tense thinking that they can do what they want?

I feel myself listening out for when the neighbours are outside late at night. Its almost a "controlling" thing, how can i stop this and relax more?

This really isnt like me.. i have had many words but they still seem to come across - i think i just want privacy and my own little space

I am a home all day and live on my own, with the animals wandering across - do i get a catapult?

Re: Neighbours Anxiety?

Best advise I can offer is replace the fence as soon as possible,block all the entries up so the animals can't come into your garden,seems like the only option.
    It will make life very hard if you fall out with neighbours,like you said you have had words so best to block all the exits up so they can't wander over.

Is your property council or your own,if its council you could contact them for advise.

Yes i will do - but we have to come onto neighbouring property to get onto ours so that part is always open...

Its like a driveway into our front garden - so animals can walk into here at anytime - but they may get bored and stop wandering over?

This is why im thinking of a catapult then they will sonn get the message! - I have tried dog pepper but they run across/walk quickly so its no use!

I probably wouldn't go down the catapult route Uncle, I know it's annoying but if you are seen trying to take out one ot thier animals they might get the hump chap.

If you have talked to them (civil of course ) and still no joy, talk to the local council for advice.

You don't want it esculating, there is nothing more stressful than being at war with your neighbour (speaking from experience).

Alternatively talk to Citizens Advice, it's what they are there for.

Good luck chap

Jaco

Dont agree with the catapult at the end of the day it is the owners fault not the animals.I agree with jaco,ask citizens advice.

Thread Information