Thread: I'm convinced!

I'm convinced!

I was reading this guys story last night and it started out describing visits to the doctor over a year or so, and him being told there was nothing wrong with him, and you guessed it, less than 6 months later he was under the knife, in chemo, radio blah blah blah.

So to introduce myself, I'll start by saying I'm scared beyond the point of not being able to enjoy life.

I've had blood in my mouth for two years now (not coughing), and a sore throat. About a year ago I went for every test you can possibly imagine apart from stomach, but I don't feel sick so... I had 3 chest X rays, CT scan, ultra sound on my neck, a bronchoscopy, and blood tests for everything you can imagine. They found nothing.

Over the last few weeks or so my throat has become more sore. There's this weird feeling in my throat when I turn my head and look up sometimes. It's like there's something there. It's freaking me out. I can't remember the last time I felt properly hungry, but I eat three times a day so why would I. Or did I actually feel hungry before properly and now I don't. I dunno. I seem to be colder than everyone else in the office. Is that my immune system? I can't feel any lumps in my neck other than the pea sized ones that I'm sure have always been there.... or have they, I dunno.

I don't feel unwell. My voice has started becoming hoarse over the last 4 days. I don't use my voice that much though. I'm a programmer and don't say a lot to people. I live alone. This thing in my neck, if there is a thing, I can definitely feels something sensitive that ISN'T normal, is really freaking me out. I had all these tests done a year ago. I'd have to go and have the same thing done all over again and the NHS is just so rubbish. Time consuming, inefficient etc.. I dunno whether or not I'd just like to wait untill something that's actually preventing me from living my day to day life happens. But then what if it's too late. Even if it's not too late do I really wanna go through all that illness anyway???

I gave up smoking weed like a month ago. And I don't drink anymore either. I used to drink a couple of cans a day. About a year ago I used to take insane amounts of nasal drugs. C, K, MDMA etc. I may have damaged the passages somehow, but why are the symptoms getting worse a year after I stopped all that. Doctor's just dismiss it with past excessive use, and the fact that I'm only 30.

I'm not convinced.

I've been reading some of the blogs on this site, and the only thing that goes through my head is that the authors could all actually have sinister illnesses, and be pre diagnosis. How does anyone know??

Re: I'm convinced!

welcome to nmp

lots of ppl here on nmp have similar concerns

milly xxx

Hiya and welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here
    reguarding the blood in your mouth
    have you had your teeth looked at? blood could be leaking from your gums so go talk to your dentist.
    also Anxiety can give you all sorts of funny throat symptoms
    as i type to you i have a lump in my throat feeling and its been there for about a year on and of
    sometimes it lasts for wks at a time, i also get the throat tightening and my muscels in that area will be sore at times due to the tension and yes moving your neck into a looking up position can be sore aswell.
    Ive thought the same as you many times THROAT CANCER
    you have had lots of tests done so im sure they would have detected something if it was anything nasty.
    here you will get lots of advice/support /reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting with your worrys and we will help you as much as we can

take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx.

also if you have given up the weed your body will be going through some sensations in those areas as it clears itself out.

Hi

A warm aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi m8 welcome 2 the site
    Many ppl have same feelings and also its only been a month since u came of weed ...your body will go through so much with withdrawal its been used 2 all these substances then all of a sudden u stop .....you will notice things that u have prob always had but because your senses are lower when taking drugs you never realised .

As you have had tests done that should reasure you somewhat that nothin serious is wrong ,If you still feel the same end of month then go back and see yr Gp again .
    Best wishes
    Titch xxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Hi there

Welcome to NMP

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Thread Information