Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pins and Needles

Pins and Needles

I have been getting pins and needles all over my hands and arms and legs and getting shaky and cold sensations and also feeling (and being) sick. Has anyone else had this? I don't feel like I'm panicking but when the prickly feeling starts I then start to hyperventilate (I am confused because i thought it was the hyperventiliating that caused the pins and needles stuff, not the other way round!). Very grateful for any response - thanks for reading this.

Hi mate

I get pins and needles to and feel totally out of it. Then that makes the panic set in and that is why you will be hyperventalating.

Pins and needles are common for sufferers of anxiety so dont worry too much.

The feeling sick is part of it aswell, so many physical symptoms come along side with anxiety.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Thanks Sal, I can't tell you how grateful I am to have found this site! Did you get worried and panicky about having MS when you got the pins and needles? And did you get them all over too? Take care, F.

We have all thought the worst of our symptoms, just look around the site and see how it could be a heart attack, MS etc and it brings you back to realise you are not in the least alone.

I am pleased you have found this site and hope you can take comfort that you are not alone and we will help you all we can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

thanks, the other thing I wanted to ask, was do you know how normal it is for these pins and needles symptoms to go on for? Mine seem to last for a couple of hours, I just wanted to know if that was normal, thanx f

In my experience i have suffered from them and it has lasted for a few hours so you are not alone with that.

Love Sal xx

Flyby,

You have probably been breathing shallowly first which brought on the pins and needles and then this moves on to hyperventilation which perpetuates it..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Flyby

I've had these symptoms too , so many times, very common with anxiety. Its very possible to breathe shallowly without even noticing.
    Worrying about the worse feeds the anxiety even more.
    Take care.
    Florence.

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

Thanks for all your replies - its such a vicious circle, isn't it? Has anyone had these tingling/pins and needles for 12-24 hours or so?

Yeah . When anxiety and panic started , I used to get it 24/7. I had calcium and magnesium prescribed at the time, it seemed to help. Altho it was 8 years ago.
    Take care.
    Florence.

** Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.**

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information