Thread: Scared- Pain under left Rib??

Scared- Pain under left Rib??

Hi all
    I have been trying to stay calm but am getting a little anxious now about all my pains. I have an ongoing bad neck which I am not sure if it causes my headaches, back pains or what, I am having acupuncture to try and help it. I have also had this pain under my left rib cage and it goes round the back a little. Its like a stabbing pain which comes and goes, nothing makes it change, it just is there one minute and not the next but its getting me down and getting me worried. Is it nerves or maybe an ulcer, I have been googling and not sure what I have found! Ulcers sound more food related but I do get stressed and drink alcohol which says causes ulcers but the pain is on the left side not down the middle.
    Has anyone had this, is it nerves related to my neck and muscle strain? I do hope so, am just so paranoid about the big C and get myself in a right state.
    I asked the doc a while ago and she said heart is fine and its my nerve endings? But ibruprofen doesn't get rid of it?
    any advice?

Re: Scared- Pain under left Rib??

I posted this in another thread but this helped me a lot with panic over pains

http://www.round-earth.com/HeadPainIntro.html

I went to the hospital on Saturday about the same thing.

I woke up on Friday morning, fine, i went to make a cuppa and i had the biggest stabbing pain in my ribs. Just under my boob! It wasn't really aggrivated by movement...BUT...saying that, i was fine if i was lying down, if i was in any other position then it was agony. All i can describe it as, it was like somene was stabbing me with a blunt knife and twisting it!!!! Not nice.

Anyway, i have torn the muscle inbetween my ribs and its effected the nerves and of course, most things you do involve your ribs (ie BREATHING) so there is going to be pain.

Hope this helps.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Thanks for your help, its just worrying having these pains on and off for weeks and I know muscle things can continue for weeks, the docs would laugh at me if I went back so daren't.
    I can't help worrying something is wrong that people are not noticing? Maybe its just how I sleep or lift my son up or walk the dog, but its just worrying and getting me down now all these pains...

It may be related to several causes. Were you on an antibiotic for your chest infection ?? If so, antibiotics can cause nausea and diarrhea.The pain may be from your gastrointestinal system working overtime. Your pain may be due to the fact that you have been experiencing alot of coughing, irritating the muscles in this area. Any recent injury or fall. Have you taken on an exercise program ?? Just below the left rib cage, lies the spleen organ. Any force to this can cause such pain. Any pain when you take in a deep breath ?? Your chest infection may not have completely resolved and your left lung ( lower lobe) may be the cause as well. Any fever, chills or, sweats ?? Is your cough producing phlegm ?? If so, what color is it ?? If it is green or yellow-green, then this would indicate an infection. I apologize for the questions but, I want you to think if you have such symptoms. The best advice is to call your Doc and let him/her be aware of your symptoms. You need to be evaluated medically and, if warranted, your Doc will perform some testing. I hope that this is helpful and contact your Doc, soon.

Thread Information