Thread: Please help I cant stand this much more!

Please help I cant stand this much more!

Hi everyone,
    Well it's 5.55am, and I've been awake for most of the night. I wcame to bed after an awful day. Face tingling constantly, and some awful sweeps of thought every now and again. I gave up Seroxat cold turkey about 5 weeks ago (well I forgot to take them for 5 days and didn't restart) and I should think that theyare out of my system now. But I feel horrendous. My partner asks me how I feel at the time,but I can't even explain. I just feel like I'm on my way out!! I do have some health issues, and Underactive thyroid, Adrenal Insufficiency and possibly the menopause is starting too. Not a great combination by any means. I smoke but why do I smoke? I lay in bed and worry about it and what it's doing to me. I have a strength at night to give up but by morning it's gone!! My left side is the worst it feels heavy and tingly, and my face is relentless. Its just constantly tingling. I know that if it was a stroke I'd be dead by now, but what the hell is it?, could it be fluid playing havoc with the nerves? I had 10 hours of cosmetic surgery in Turkey last October one op being a face lift so that does'nt help matters as it could be nerve damage. But it has never been as bad as this. My ears are numb too. I sometimes regret having this done as since that time I've never felt well enough to make the most of it!!!! I had my boobs done too, and the implants were put through the nipple. I have yet another abcess (after a corrective op a few months ago) but it's back. A nice hole that I can get a cotton bud into!!!!!!!! So it's back to the docs again. I am a constant worrier always have been, and sadly it has made me very pessimistic also. I don't feel like theres anything but doom and gloom in front of me. The only thing that I keeps me going are my two girls. Then I worry about what would they do if anything happened to me! When will it ever stop???? Can't stand it much more.

Re: Please help I cant stand this much more!

Hi,

I can relate to not being able to speak about things at the time. Usually I tell my wife things when I'm in a calmer state which is usually late evening and she always asks why I didn't tell her at the time. My answer is always the same- I just can't speak about it when it's happening. I think I don't want to draw attention to it as I am trying to contain it. That would be letting it out which I would find harder to control and probably more questions would follow.

I don't know anything about Seroxat so can't comment but it does seem a bit coincidental that you have been feeling worse since you stopped taking it. Were you coping better before? It might be that this is the withdrawal and if so then it might be better to go back on them or at best discuss that with your GP. If you have something that works then it would be best to get back with it to give yourself some relief.

All the best

Nechtan

breathing too fast can cause numbness too, so can migraines. ya your ddoctor hopefully will help you, hope you ok, ive been there, freaking out all night over odd sensations.

Well I went to the hospital with my partner today as he had to have an endoscopy. He was in one bed recovering and I was in another. Felt like I was dying. I have never felt so terrible in all of my life! I feel like theres something very wrong, but I don't know what or where! I'm not sleeping, my heart has been racing on and off all day and this bloody numby tingly feeling is with me the whole time. I feel like I want out of this at the moment,its only my kids that keep me going. I am getting so desperate!

Quote Originally Posted by ShineUK View Post
    Well I went to the hospital with my partner today as he had to have an endoscopy. He was in one bed recovering and I was in another. Felt like I was dying. I have never felt so terrible in all of my life! I feel like theres something very wrong, but I don't know what or where! I'm not sleeping, my heart has been racing on and off all day and this bloody numby tingly feeling is with me the whole time. I feel like I want out of this at the moment,its only my kids that keep me going. I am getting so desperate!

These are all classic anxiety symptoms flower, try a relaxation tape and really go with it or some yoga or anytype of exercise you are able to do...it WILL help..even shouting along with loud rock music helps me ! Van Halen or Whitesnake for preference!!!

Thread Information