Thread: evenings are awful

evenings are awful

sorry if this is the wrong section Im still getting used to this forum.

Just wondered if anyone else has found this and a way to deal with it, during the day I dont seem too bad or low out of 10 Id rate it a 8 or 9 but as soon as 7-8 pm comes I drop and Id rate my mood as a 2 or 3 out of 10.

Im not sure what it is about evenings Ive been like this as long as I can remember.

Any helpful advice Im willing to try anything once

Re: evenings are awful

They will be starting evening classes throughout the country soon, any chance you going to one of these? There are some brilliant ones around. I have been going for years

English GCSE (grade A).

Geology.

Electronics for Beginners.

Water Colour Painting.

I love it and you meet such lovely people.
    Last edited by Trixie; 14-08-08 at 06:18.

Are you on any meds, if so when do you take them, also are you a morning person, I am not and feel much better in the evenings. Try and do something to take your mind of the feeling, evening classes are a great stress buster.
    Good luck
    Lesleyb

I sometimes find evenings difficult, too, particularly in winter. I tend to phone friends, read a book and listen to relaxing MP3s.

im on proxac and take in the evenings but they are ment to be a slow realease so doc said it wont be them.

Hi.
    I use to be the same from 5pm. I don't know what happened to stop me feeling bad, but now, i am the busiest of all at this time of evening. Sorting out my son, getting him bathed, getting dinner, tidying up...so by the time 7 - 8pm comes, i am NEEDING the rest!

I think the best idea is to keep busy...not to try and push these feelings away, because the more you TRY to do that, the harder they'll push to stay, so say to yourself "Yes, i am feeling {however you are feeling}, but i am going to get on with things regardless" and accepting you feel crappy, is a good place to start. This is something that my therapist has tought me to do. Be accepting, but don't try to get rid of the feelings, instead, REPLACE them with something positive {ie: listening to music, watching tv, reading, having a relaxing bath}.

I've rambled enough

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

hi thanks for your replies no not rambleing at all in fact you made alot of sense.
    Ill give it a try Im willing to try anything once

My moods can dip at any time of the day or night. Do you have long gaps between lunch and dinner. A lot of people find they get "low" if they haven't eaten since lunch and they have a late dinner. Do you have things to do in the evening or is it just watching TV.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse08 View Post
    My moods can dip at any time of the day or night. Do you have long gaps between lunch and dinner. A lot of people find they get "low" if they haven't eaten since lunch and they have a late dinner. Do you have things to do in the evening or is it just watching TV.

not really lunch seems to be about 12ish and dinner 6ish. and i skip breakfast.

I find tv really makes me edgy so i tend to be on
    my pc

I agree that TV makes me edgy also, but that the PC is more interactive and therefore better for distraction purposes.

I find that being in relaxed company can help and it's always useful to log on here in the evenings.

Thread Information