Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blip

Blip

Hi Everyone,

I had a bit of a bad yesterday which really annoyed me because I've been feeling much better recently and any at any sign of any heart issues coming up I've been able to distract/ignore/relax out of it.

<rant>
    Yesterday though I felt really down. [xx(] Had a nervous feeling in my chest all day and at some points my heart felt like it was racing-then-normal-then slow (or maybe my brain was playing tricks). [?] I feel like a need a holiday or just to go away and do nothing for a while then come back refreshed -- but I'm behind in my work and need to put in for promotion next year so this is on my mind too -- so I can't do that (can't afford it either!). Also been helping my other half though a tough time with her course so I'm doing pretty much everything house-wise too. Also Just moved house and I can't even relax in the garden because the grass is too long and I don't have access to a garage, etc. where I can keep a mower.
    I could not not get rid of the nervous feeling in my heart yesterday and also had various pains which I had last time I felt really panicky (wisdom teeth particularly, argggh....). My diet is good, I'm not drinking caffeine, haven't drank alcohol since my last panic and I'm trying to relax more, but still having blips and feeling poo.[xx(]

Arrrggh feels like nothing will shift this.:( And now I feel like I'm making mountains out of molehills because really I don't have any real problems in life -- and I certainly don't seem to suffer as much as most of you with this anxeity stuff. So now I feel a bit ashamed.
    </rant>

Sorry guys, just felt the need to get things off my chest and couldn't think of anyone else to shout at this morning apart from readers of this...
    And even that i have to do at work because my broadband is still not connected after moving 3 weeks ago...... God, how can so many insignificant little problems seem like a disaster[Sigh...].

Right I'll shut up now and try to relax before doing some more work. Sorry readers of this!

hi craig,

Its not wonder you are feeling anxious you have a lot going on at the moment, i think you are coping really well with it all, and that is what u should be telling yourself. they say getting married and moving house are two of the most stressful things, so you have done well not to get really wound up about it, just try and ignore that tight feeling in yr chest,

have you thought about getting a strimmer for yr garden it takes longer but is smaller to store, then at least u can chill in the garden for a bit,

kairen x

Hi Craig,

No wonder you've been feeling tense...you have a lot of stuff on your plate right now! If it was me, I'd be feeling a lot worse (don't know if this will make you feel better or not[:P]

I think you have the right idea about relaxing more. What about a good book? Do you have a park nearby you cn visit if you don't want to sit in your garden? I think Kairen has a good idea for cutting your grass...the exercise would be good for releasing some energy, plus the work may distract you from your symptoms (which I find is key for them going away!). And, as always, coming on here and chatting always makes me feel better! Good for you for recognizing that this is a blip, concentrate on that, and you will get through this! Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on...

xxLisa

"how can so many insignificant little problems seem like a disaster"

Thats a quote I use often. How it just seems so true. Especially if you have little problems building up. ....

Sorry I dont have much to say at the moment, I know I can relate. *hug*

Craig.. Listen up..

You are doing great .. Anxiety does not disappear overnight - it takes perserverence and time and patience and practice..

**I've been feeling much better recently and any at any sign of any heart issues coming up I've been able to distract/ignore/relax out of it. **
    This is great progress and you're currently stressed with all that is going on - not panicking . Stress is normal and will always happen so learning to cope and deal with it is a good investment..

Re mower- Kairens suggestion or find an elderly person nearby with one and rent it off them for peanuts for a morning.

Take each issue and think of all the options available and if you can't see the wood for the trees , we'll be only to happy to suggest some more and try to see the smaller pictures in manageable chunks rather than the whole overwhelming scenario..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hi Craig,

I think you are coping really well. Don't let the blip get you down!!

Sarah

Hi Craig

I to think you are coping really well. Stay strong.

MANDIE XX

Thanks everyone for listening.

I guess I was just down yesterday and needed to rant a bit. Thinking about it, I'm worrying too much about these chest/heart feelings too much, and that's just making everything else big.

Wierd thing is that a few years ago work was v. stressful and now I don't really feel stressed/pressured at all (apart from yesterday's rant!). I live in a really nice place a couple of minutes walk from the sea and it's very relaxing -- but of course the mind wanders and all of a sudden I start obessing about my heart again and the health anxiety pops up...

Reading the original post back it seems v. funny actually and sounds a lot worse than it is Right - I WILL convince myself that my heart isn't going to give up on me, and I will have a nice weekend. It would just be nice if I felt brave enough to have a glass of wine...

Have a good weekend

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Craig

have a glass of wine then stop at the one and don't worry about it. I am sure it will be fine if you don't go silly over it.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information