Thread: Positive experiences using citalopram

Positive experiences using citalopram

Hi there, im considering taking the citalopram prescribed to me by my gp for anxiety. Can people who are on it or that have used it and found it helpful please post? I read so many negative posts on here about citalopram. I know they may not work for everyone so please only those who have found citalopram uselful please let me know how you are getting on.
    Thanks
    Robert

Re: Positive experiences using citalopram

Hi Robert,
    I have been suffering with panic attacks for 4 months now and very bad tension headaches.... 6 days ago my doc put me on 10mg citalopram,the first 2 days of bein on them i felt like crap to be honest.....made me more anxious and felt sick. But now 6 days of takin them i am startin to notice a diffrence in my self. My tension headaches have eased so much its great!!!!! Dont feel so anxious anymore....and slowly startin to feel like my old self! Hopefully few more weeks i will feel great. So glad i carried on takin them..as was goin to stop because of my PA'S. But someone also told me to hang in there and give them a chance....so thats what i did and very glad i did. So give them a go remember first few days can be rough.
    There is hope for us all.
    Keep us updated!!
    Take care :0)

If you scroll down to the bottom there are positive posts about it under "similar threads"

Hope that helps.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello, Yes, after being on this medication for 8 weeks, I definitely feel less anxious and agitated.

Hi Robert08 I've been on citalopram for a few months now. My dose has been upped to 60 ten days ago. It has changed me so much. I can go out without being sick, shakey, headache etc. Feel a bit more tired since dose increase but i'm sure that will sort itself out. Its given me freedom to be me. Its lovely.

Thread Information