Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Painful eyes

Painful eyes

I have had a stuffy congested nose/sinuses for about 2 weeks following a cough. I am steaming and taking sudaged if it gets really bad and I have a nasal spray as I often suffer with my sinuses.

I saw the GP last week and he said it wasn't sinusitis as id have a temperature and face would hurt to touch. It also keeps jumping sides.

Today my left nostril is stuffy, im not snotty at all its just stuffy, ear on that side feels abit clogged up and ive just noticed that when I look up my eyeball aches. I have been getting this alot in the last few months when I get stuffed up.

I still have no facial pain or temperature so I don't want to rush to the GP but I am a tad worried about the pain when I move my eye.

I am seeing the ENT on wednesday to get a 2nd opinion on my sinuses, had a CT scan 2 years ago which was clear but I am still suffering.

Feeling rather fed up and anxious this afternoon because of it.

Has anyone else ever had the pain in the eyes? my hubby says im probably just tired but its on the side where I am very congested.

Re: Painful eyes

These are all anxiety symptoms and I have the same things happening every day. My docs said that it is probably TMD (jaw related). We need to rest the tounge and not push it agianst the top of our mouth and also try and chill your jaws and do not bite your teeth together too much. Seems to be my problems. Stuffy nose, thraot ache, feeling like having a flu are very common. I even get the feeling of a bruised nose sometimes. I had a MRI, Ultrasound of my sinuses, xray of jaws, weird things stuck up my nose and nothing. All the response i did get was "ARE YOU STRESSED??"

Hi,

Did you have eye pain though, i do when I look up and tonight im so anxious that it must mean ive a proper sinus infection and that I will get meningitis:-( feeling so scared tonight and jumpy.

I had a CT scan and all was clear, was told that its probably an allergy, this was 2 years ago now, he said it might even just be stress related, my GP agrees with him. Thing is I get proper sinus pain which jumps sides, one day right ear can feel full of presure, in cheek and nostril will feel stuffy then next day it will all be on my left:-( really gets me down and worries me. This has all come back since having a virus which has really dragged on.

Do you have more pain in your face when you bend yourself forward? If yes it could be sinuses. But I don'[t think it is. Looks like lots of people here get it. Therefore it seems to be a rather commom anxiety symp

I don't get pain when I bend forward I just get a feeling of congestion in my nose? like pressure? had it for about 2 weeks but GP said as its not pain its nothing to worry about but now with this eye pain im worried.

Libby

I get real painful eyes, eye strain! I think there are numerous factors that contribute to it. Firstly TMJ-gritting your teeth a lot, also a lot of time spent on a PC and stress. In addition yes sinus problems.

I am short sighted and still hvnt got my new prescription for my glasses which makes mine much worse and i have self diagnosed myself with sinus problems as much like yourself has this congestion but no facial pain. I saw and ENT who said i had Eustachian tube dysfunction...i will let you look it up!!
    Who knows, i know eye pain is very common hun so don't worry. You would know if you have acute sinusitis & the chances of contracting meningitis is very very rare...

Nicola

Thanks Nicki,

I am stupid for worrying about it I know but ive read so much in the past that I can't get it out of my head when I get these sinus flare ups. My ENT did tell me 2 yrs ago that its unheard of and more common with ear disease but I still worry I will get a complication it really scares me.

When I look in the top right, my left eye really pulls/socket hurts?? I have had this before but tonight its really worrying me. I have had sinus/congestion for 2 weeks now, saw my GP wednesday last week and he said I didn't need anti bs just said its a virus and it will pass but im panicking now.

I had a CT scan 2 yrs ago and my ENT said all was fine??

Hi Libby

I have the exact same thing at the moment - I've had sinusitis and sinus pain/pressure and post nasal drip for more than 6 weeks now. I have almost constant pressure above my right eye which can be quite painful at times. Two doctors and an optician have had a look into my eye and it all looks fine. They say it is sinus pressure and will go away when my sinuses clear up.

I find a saline nasal spray or drops helps a bit, otherwise all you can do is ignore it (I don't like decongestants, they make me jittery). I know it's hard not to worry, especially when the pressure is bad. It sounds like you've got lots of sinus-y symptoms, and that's what your doc thinks too, so try to relax .

hiya libby ...yes i can get sore eyes had sinus probs for years +sometimes looking sideways can cause a bit pain also eye sockets you know the bone bit can be very tender to touch ..

sally

Thanks,

Have either of you been given any antibiotics for it though? I am kind of worried about leaving it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information