I have had some CBT in January and this is my first serious episode of anxiety since. I have been to the Doctors 3 times in 4 weeks. I do have a virus and have some antibiotics but the other times were for mole checks. I have a new mole now that I would like checked as I have just got back from Greece and it has appeared sometimes it looks harmless but during panic it looks deadly its only small but a lot darker than the others.

I have not seen the GP I see for anxiety since last January but thought as my problem at the moment seems to be the need to seek reasurance I would go see him today ask about my mole..... and then try to arrange an appt for a months time and promise not to go to the doctors inbetween and to put into practice all my CBT skills. The in a month I will either go armed with book full of worries or hopefully it will have passed a bit and maybe then make another appt for 6 - 8 weeks time. Does anyone else have ways of coping with seeking reassurance?? After my CBT I now feel ashamed if I go to the docs about anything. Any help very welcome..