Thread: Headaches

Headaches

Hello everyone,

I have headaches almost everyday, esp in the afternoon and when I'm at work. Relaxing helps, but the headaches come back when I get back to work after a break. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in a advance.
    Phoebe

Re: Headaches

Hi Phoebe,
    Maybe try to take more frequent breaks instead of long ones. (if possible) That way you can stretch and get some fresh air. Have you tried massage? I go once a week and this has helped a lot with my headaches. Also make sure you are drinking enough water, I know when I don't I get a headache. If all else fails I take an Advil Liquid gel. They work wonders for me. Hope this helps.
    Take care.
    Michelle

For me, I don't really have headaches, but imagine I have them so intensely I actually have them
    A simple test to see wether you are somatizing headache or not is to take a pain killer and see if it helps. If it doesn't you are either having migraine or you are somatizing.

Have you had your eyes tested recently - you may be getting eye strain.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Are you sat looking at a computer all day in work? I was, in my old job and i kept getting headaches everytime i was at work but they would go away when i was off work. Work eventually bought me a special screen that went in front of my comp and my headaches went away, just a thought.

Thread Information