Thread: On Edge In The Night!

Cool On Edge In The Night!

I have posted on here a few times in the past month or so about not being able to sleep and the associated feelings and troublesome thoughts I get because of it,I have just realised what may be the cause and it's freaked me out so need some advice-please!
    My 5 yr old daughter has woken up in the night a couple of times in the past say 8 months being sick,she suddenly shouts out,sits up and then most times is sick over the bed,I have had to change the bed and her and then me and my husband take her downstairs as by this time she is crying and anxious.On most occasions it's been through late eating or too much choc etc or just something not agreeing with her.She did have 1 occasion where because she was getting herself worked up over school it happened 4 times in the night.I have a fear of this and tend to let my hubby take over when it happened which I am not proud about but luckily for me she wants him anyway more than me when this occurs.Now most nights I lay awake listening for any sound from her room heralding the onset of perhaps another vomiting bout,crazy I know but I get really panicky about this and don't know why.
    I have a small child for god's sake and being sick is part of having children and if I don't get a grip on this it's gonna damage my sleeping forever isn't it?My hubby is great taking charge in most situations but what's gonna happen if he goes away with work and she is ill?,or if he is out and it happens?I suppose everyone doesn't like sick and everything linked to it cos it is gross, but this is a fear I have that is getting out of hand.
    It just come to me tonight as I laid in bed as my heart started beating fast when I heard her turn over in bed,I crept in her room and watched her for a few minutes but she was ok.Can anybody give me some advice on how to handle this thing as I am at a loss,it's this that is the cause of my insomnia though I just know it.

Re: On Edge In The Night!

what about CBT? all i know that helps phobia's is facing them until you are desensitized to it.your also anticipating your child being sick and this adds to your stress.
    don't beat your self up over this, you cant control your fear x

Thread Information