Thread: lumps in my mouth

Unhappy lumps in my mouth

Hi about 2 weeks ago I found a very tiny lump on my gum (tongue side) close to the back of my mouth and it hurts a little bit if i press it and i can kinda move it about. then a week ago i found another, much bigger lump behind my bottom front teeth and my gums near it feel a bit swollen :( and THEN two days ago i found another tiny lump right next to the second lump!

im so scared i have no idea what it could be except for cancer which doesnt seem right as im only 17 years old and im worried about going to the doctors as they might think im silly or not take me seriously. my boyfriend said it could be an infection but i dont know, does anyone know what this is?

thank you, sorry if ive written too much xx

Re: lumps in my mouth

hey
    what colour is the lump ur describing ? as i found a lump last monday which was only small in size near my tonsil and it was pure white in colour!!so i paniced for a whole day as i was having trouble to swallow,thinking the worst just like u i went to the dr and she said its just a tonsil stone which is common its just a lil pocket of puss caused from bacteria or infection... nothing serious so i went home and pushed on it with a cotton wool bud and it popped out of my mouth thank god!!! im not saying this is wot u got but dont worry about it go and see ur dr its proberly somethink out of nothing. care bear cuggles
    C.xxx

have u any other symptons? does ur throat feel sore? or is it difficult to swallow? dont b silly the dr's wont think ur silly at all ive bin to my dr's about 80 times in 3 mnths lol but u as a patient have the right to b seen about anythink.what ever u do dnt do wot i do if i ave a problem -dnt go searching on internet for sypmtoms its the worse thing u can do if ur suffering anxiety as it will make u believe uv got somethink serious wrong wen really u havent.xxx

Quote Originally Posted by cthechick84 View Post
    hey
    what colour is the lump ur describing ? as i found a lump last monday which was only small in size near my tonsil and it was pure white in colour!!so i paniced for a whole day as i was having trouble to swallow,thinking the worst just like u i went to the dr and she said its just a tonsil stone which is common its just a lil pocket of puss caused from bacteria or infection... nothing serious so i went home and pushed on it with a cotton wool bud and it popped out of my mouth thank god!!! im not saying this is wot u got but dont worry about it go and see ur dr its proberly somethink out of nothing. care bear cuggles
    C.xxx
    I cant really see the lumps because of where they are but i think i can see the biggest one and it looks kinda white i think. thanks for replying ill probably end up going to the doctors soon lol xxx

Quote Originally Posted by cthechick84 View Post
    have u any other symptons? does ur throat feel sore? or is it difficult to swallow? dont b silly the dr's wont think ur silly at all ive bin to my dr's about 80 times in 3 mnths lol but u as a patient have the right to b seen about anythink.what ever u do dnt do wot i do if i ave a problem -dnt go searching on internet for sypmtoms its the worse thing u can do if ur suffering anxiety as it will make u believe uv got somethink serious wrong wen really u havent.xxx
    nah i dont have any other symptoms at all, my throat is just fine. i always search the internet when i find something wrong with me, even though i know no good will come of it, i just end up becoming more anxious but i just get really tempted! xxxx

yes go to the dr then ur mind will b at rest. i have to look things up when i have somethink wrong too i makes me worse though.were funny creatures arent we?lmao. its funnny wen i get somethink wrong i worry then i get somethink else wrong its a ricious circle. so stay calm,and c ur dr!!! cant believe ur having anixiety ur only 17 man-im 23 and wen i was 17 i worried about things but not my health!!! uv got ur whole life ahead which iwas 17 again,my anxiety didnt realy hit me untill i had my boys.xxx

yeh lol if you type in anything to do with lumps in google it just comes up with cancer! and then its like aaaah! once i was having chest pains, i looked it up on google and it led me to belive i was having a heart attack and i didnt sleep at all that night lol i laugh wen i think about it now but i was so scared. ive always been an anxious person but its gotten alot worse because of the stress of doing A-levels xxx

Thread Information