Thread: Out of Breath

Out of Breath

Has any one else been out of breath after doing normal, everyday things ? I am 36.

I have posted this under Health Anxieties as well but thought I may get more responses here.

I have been out of breath lately after doing simple every day things. Once I picked up a 9 kilo box (which I do every day) and then yesterday I walked up a short steep hill and was puffed out.

I have been mainly breathing through my nose lately instead of breathing properly and am under an enormous amount of stress.

My Great Grandmother died from genetic heart problems and i am worried that I have the same.

Has anybody else had this problem and they found it was just stress ? At the moment I am petrified it is Pulmonary Hypertension and I am so scared.

Re: Out of Breath

I get really out of breath with the smallest things. It's got to the stage where I can't even play about with the kids because I get so out of breath. My own problem is that because of the agrophobia I am out of condition but working to remedy that now. But even when i first started to get anxiety I was getting out of breath and I think it is to do with the fact that we tense our bodies up so tire quicker.

Since you have had heart problems in the family that will always play on your mind so it is probably best to go to your doctor and talk it through. The doctor might send you for some tests which at the very least could out your mind at rest.

All the best

Nechtan

Re: Out of Breath

Thank you for your reply Nechtan.

I can relate to the agoraphobia. I never want that again.

My symptoms of panic attacks are constantly changing I never know what is actually phyiscally wrong and what is just a panic attack.

I have had a blood test and an ecg. Both came back normal. GP is still going to run some more tests just in case but even he thinks it is now just high levels of stress.

Thread Information