Thread: Depression...bain of my life

Depression...bain of my life

Hi, I'm new to all this, but I stumbled across this site whilst looking for info for my mother in law, who was suffering from panic attacks, and it was so helpful I joined.

I've suffered from depression on and off for about 15 years, and this last bout was going OK, counselling, and antidpressants, until about 6 months ago the pills stopped working. My whole life started sinking, I couldn't get out of bed, it was as though someone had turned the light out on my life. I saw a speciallist who told me to come off my pills, and go without anything for a while, see what happened. I have been without pills for a month now, and although I was coping to start with things are getting worse.

I don't want to leave the house, I don't want to wash, cook, clean or even interact with family and friends. The suicidal thoughts are driving me nuts...and my concentration is shot...

I'm at my wits end...the depression is bad enough but to now find I can't go out the house without panicing, and crying is so hard.

I just want to be normal again....is that too much to ask?

Re: Depression...bain of my life

So sorry you are feeling this way hun,depression is awful and needs to be treated.You do need to go back to the doctor and explain everything you are feeling to him,there is so much help out there but you need to ask for it.My mum has suffered with it for years and it has changed her whole personality.Folk do overcome it everyday and I have just got a copy of a Dr Weekes book which is brilliant,I urge you to get a copy as it could help you along the way to feeling better,look on the NP amazon shop link and you should find some reference to it there.
    Please do tell your doc how you feel though as this is most important,some counselling may help and maybe group therapy,I am waiting for counselling as I suffer from terrible anxiety but this website is great and offers valuable support,take care.

Thread Information