Thread: need some help

need some help

hi all im chris and i have Health Anxiety bad i get pain in my belly it feels like my skin is to tight and i get pain in my nuts sorry ladys i think i have found a lump but its been checkt like 3 times and thay all say is fine but i keep worring i am going to see my doc in the morning i am sure thay are fed up with me do any of you guys get this manny thanks chris

Re: need some help

Hi Chris

Those of us with health anxiety ALWAYS get or think we have something. Although finding a lump is worrying your doc has said all is ok so please try and believe him, i know it's hard. All of us are convinced we have something but 9 times out of 10 it's this damn anxiety doing it to us.

I'm not the one to tell you to stop worrying, i worry constantly about absolutely everything, not just health wise but every aspect of life.

Everyone says this "try to relax" it's a hard thing to do, but i find deep breathing helps me, it takes a bit of practice but you get there in the end and it really helps, also whilst your concentrating on your breathing your not thinking about anything else.

Not much help to you really, but just to let you know you're not alone with your worries.

Hi Chris,

My son found a lump in his testicle - he got it checked out and the doctor said it was fine - nothing to worry about - think it is quite common, but you did the right thing getting it checked. Try to trust your doctor's judgement, easier said than done I know. Anxiety plays havoc with our mind.

thanks so much guys i have been on lodes of forums but this one is by far the best you all seem so nice and quick to reply thanks

still need help do any of you feel the same as me

Hi Chris,

Please don't worry. I am sure your doctor will be able to reassure you tomorrow. Meantime, remember your lump has been checked three times, and each time he has been perfectly sure everthing is ok - hang on to this thought. I do know how difficult it is when anxiety takes over. Try to relax - I know what it is like to suffer this way and it is horrible, but it is nothing more than health anxiety messing with your thoughts.

guess what all it fine that was the forth time now so i am going to let it go now

Hi Chris

Glad all was fine at the doctors. I know exactly how you feel. i am forever there. its the health anxiety that takes over and gives us these irrational thoughts. Im sure I would feel better I have had a full body CT every morning!! Ive been started on medication for my health anxiety and it has been doubled in the last few days but its making me feel tired and sick. cant win eh. Im fairly new to the site too.

Cath

thanks cath i just cant stop worrying about my health it drives me crazy but i am doing my best to push it to the back of my mind and get on with my life i wish you the best of luck

Thread Information