Thread: pulsing feeling

pulsing feeling

hi there every1 iam just looking for some advice again i have got myself in a state again i have been thinking i have a brain tumor as i get a lot of shooting pains through my head they really scare me even though they go as quick as they come and today i went to answer my phn and i got this feeling its hard to put it into words but it was like a pounding pulse tht i felt in my head and on the bridge of my nose its total freaked me out no1 in my family seems to listen to me when i go on abt how i think i mgt hav a bt they just well if its bothering u thn go to the docs but iam scared to go incase he does see tht thr is sumthing wrong i dnt want to die just yet i hav 3 gorjus kids and good hubby i feel like such an freak i just want to be normal again and i dont want to keep thing is it today my brain tumor is going kill me ? plz can some1 help me ???? i just need to knw what the pulsing feelin is ? and as for the shooting pains i have been gettn thm for a few yrs now
    thanxs

Re: pulsing feeling

If your blood pressure is a bit on the low side ( thats good!) then when you move suddenly especially turning round or getting up and down you can get a pulsing rushing feeling in your head for a few seconds. I go through phases where every time I stand up I have a few seconds of this pulsing pressure in my head and face. As I have had this intermittently for 20 yrs and know its not due to a brain tumour or aneurysm ( had brain mri few months ago) I just assume its either blood pressure not sorting itself quickly enough or tension in my neck muscles.

If you want a quick check up for your brain - get your eyes tested! Most brain tumours get picked up at the opticians.

I would say that it's all down to anxiety (i hope so anyway cos it's just the same thing that i get). Pulsating in my temples, crawling sensations in the back of my head and sharp searing pains. Not to mention the rest! i always think 'BRAIN TUMOUR ALERT' but i have to remind myself that i only get these things when i'm having a visit from my old buddy anxiety. I'v had them for years and i'm still here so i guess it's not too much to worry about.
    Anxiety presents itself as many illnesses, it's a pig!

I get the same thing. Is it really cuased by low blood pressure and not high? I was worried my blood pressure was going too high (even though at last check it was normal). Sometimes I get ringing in my ears for a short while after exhersion. This has worried me.

Hiya

Must agree with country girl on this one, my husbands aunty had something picked up at the opticians, she had major brain surgery years ago and is absolutely fine now, a message to all of us whom think that we have brain tumours, she did not have any of the symptoms that we worry about, so please try not to worry (listen to me the expert I am the worlds worst worrier) the opticians can really pick up all wierd sorts of things, so if you go for an eye test and everything is fine, the chances are you don't have any brain tumour, just a little thought that keeps me going.

Heather
    XXXXXXXXXx

HeatherMc -- I also, have found the optometrist to be a doc. that does that "window into the soul" thing. Well, maybe not the soul, but our eyes' health can indicate health issues in other parts of the body.

I was told years ago that I had a lot of cholesterol on my retina. I quickly asked the doc., " what's that mean?" He said, " it means, you have cholesterol in many other places in the body". From that info I changed my diet, big time. I'm very thin so it never occurred to me that I might need to watch fat. My assumption was not accurate!

Thanks again--willowb

Thread Information