Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Guys, feel silly talking to strangers instead of my family about my attacks

Red face Hi Guys, feel silly talking to strangers instead of my family about my attacks

Hi Guys
    Im new to this I suffer from Anxiety and panic attacks feel like my heart is going through the roof, driving my family up the wall, just been to tameside mental hospital, thought I was okay but these attacks come like crazy didnt like staying at the hospital, but i felt fine for a while got panicked today after being in a car, I am on medication now Diazepam abd propranolol, but it seems like Im an not getting through this. any thing I can do that will help me, I have also been given sleeping tables, I smoke like a trooper, feel unstable on my feet like I am drunk.
    Thanks In advance
    Dean

Re: Hi Guys, feel silly talking to strangers instead of my family about my attacks

hey dean we are not strangers we are ur nmp family, welcome

its much easier to talk here hunny

ull find that talking freely will help u see that we all suffer and we understand

hugs

milly xx

Re: Hi Guys, feel silly talking to strangers instead of my family about my attacks

hiya hun, sometimes talking to strangers is a lot easier than talking to family and tend not to judge you. hugs xxxx

Hiya,
    I only joined a few days ago and started a thread thinking that people would laugh at me but I got nothing but support. I hope you do too. You can say anything here and no one will judge you.

Take care xxx

Hi Dean

Have a good read of the pages on the left for loads of support and advice.

Hope it is of some help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

welcome i only joined today myself,

dont feel silly talking to strangers as your more likely to get the kind of support and understanding you need on here mate as were all going or have gone through the same as you, its all very good having your family around for support but sometimes they just dont quite understand and can say things without realising how much it can affect you ie: things like ''pull yourself together etc'' which doesn't help, get some good info from here and show it to your family and hopefully they'll get what your going through a bit more.

you'll get through it mate, i've had anxiety and panic for 13 years its up and down and i've many a time thought im not gonna get through it but i always do, i've never gone mental or lost it but thought i was gonna lots of times also i've never died or got seriously ill either even though i've thought i was going to loads of times.

just remember you've got through every panic attack you've ever had and you WILL get through every one you'll ever have, for sure
    Every single person on your mum and dad's side
    Successfully looked after and passed on to you life.
    What are the chances of that, like?
    It comes to me once in a while
    And everywhere I tell folk it gets the best smile.

JUST CARRY ON REGARDLESS

Smile Re: Hi Guys, feel silly talking to strangers instead of my family about my attacks

hi hunni
    im a new one on here aswell, i was admitted to tameside, they tried tellin me i was goin mad, i knew better tho ... even tho at the time it felt like i was !!!
    we are all here to talk about our probs n listen 2 other peeps, so do NOT feel silly, thats what werehere for.. x

people care about you and some one somewhere is thinking of you right now xx

oh you'll get through it!! you're in what my therapist calls an 'acute' phase. it gets better definitely.
    i have to say, the people on this site are the greatest! one of the things i noticed was a problem for me during therapy (even in group) was when i had a symptom that no one else has, i thought i was really physically sick. this site has shown me that anxiety takes many forms, that it fluxuates (sp?), and that on this site there is someone who has experienced the same thing and come through it.
    so don't worry about sharing here. there's lots of help to be had.

Hi Dean,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information