Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Any Ladies Had a Colposcopy Examination?

Re: Has Any Ladies Had a Colposcopy Examination?

I wish you well and that only positive results come from the test. It really isn't that painful. Just a bit uncomfortable.
    Blessings,
    Sheryl

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi

I had an abnormal smear about 3 years ago, went to the colposcopy and they were really nice. It was a little uncomfortable but did not really hurt and I have zero tolerance to pain. They took a biopsey which came back saying I needed the cells removed. I went back and had this done, again not much pain just like a bad period really. No bleeding though. I have since had another smear and everything is fine. Due to go back again soon as they like to keep an eye on you afterwards. Not worried as I know now what to expect. The nurses I had were lovely and talked me though everything, they answered all my questions and kept me calm.

I had this done last year because I'd had to have 3 smears due to the results being 'unreadable'. It was a bit worrying at the time. But it didn't hurt - just a bit of soreness after the doctor scraped and took a biopsy (snipped a tiny few cells off).
    In my case, there was a tv monitor right beside me where I could see my cervix. I did have a bit of a panic when I saw a large white mass - that was until the doc explained that it was a cotton wool ball on the end of his tweezery things! LOL
    I decided that it was best not to look. Everything was fine when I went back to get a further check up. The sample they took was normal.
    I hope you have a similar experience (minus cotton wool ball) and that everything is fine.
    Take care
    Newton x

Hi Angel delight
    I had exactly the same 12 years ago, i had an abnormal smear test and went for a colposcopy which as the other members have said is absolutely fine, just like a smear but with a camera to look closer at the cervix, i felt no discomfort at all and was even shown the screen to see my insides (not very fascinating) I was then referred for an operation to remove the abnormal cells. I was told its best to remove them as they could turn cancerous in 20 years (please note only COULD not will) i had day surgery to remove the cells from the cervix, felt no after pain, had no bleeding and apart grom being sleepy would never have known i had an op! I then had to have a smear each year for 5 years which were all clear and im now classed as normal and have a smear every 3 years the same as everyone else. I am sure you will be totally fine, do not worry and its a shame not all women are like you and take care of their bodies so we know when there is a problem, all the very best to you xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information