Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: headache

headache

I have a throbbing on right hand side of head and tightness ,had it over a week and lasts all day ....tried all painkillers but doesnt work......is this like a tension headache?

Re: headache

Yeah jamie I think it is, I get them a lot and different people experience them in different ways. Just try to relax. Do you feel stressed at the moment??
    Amy
    x

yes been to doc and got painkillers but dont really help I sleep ok but wake up with it and it lasts all day been going on about a week now,any advice would be appreciated

Errm..Do you grind your teeth together?
    Sometimes this can cause headaches, if you do it in your sleep?
    Amy
    x

I had tension headaches and also found out that painkillers did not work on them. I found out that I am grinding my teeth when I get anxious. The only thing that got rid of mine was a trip to the ER to get a shot of Dilodin. They are gone now for the most part. Take care honey, I feel for you.

how would I know if I grind my teeth ?.....is this throbbing on one side similiar to a tension headache then

anyone else get these throbbing one sided headaches ......Im hoping its only tension

You can usually tell that you've been grinding your teeth in your sleep because your jaw aches and sometimes your head.

The tightness in your head indicates that it is tension rather than something else. If you tense the muscles in your shoulders or neck or jaw - really common when you are anxious - this can give you a tension headache which sometimes feels like a tight band of pain around your head but it can be a patch of pain and tightness or just on one side or the other. I wake up with this when I've had an anxious night, and you can be tense in your sleep without even realising it.

Doing things that relax your muscles you will probably help more than over-the-counter painkillers - maybe a hot bath before bed, massage or gentle yoga to stretch out the muscles in your neck and shoulders. If there had been another reason for your headache your doctor would have picked it up, so try not to worry too much (it will make you more tense!)

yes Ive trained all painkillerrs they just dull it but its always there on one side throbbing by my temple....any other suggestions

does anyone else get similiar headaches

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information