Hi all. First post.
Bit of info about me before I start:
I'm a 28 year old male from England, who has been suffering with bad anxiety for the past few years. It came to a bit of a head back in July when I was near-suicidal with anxiety. The severe suicidal thoughts were probably due to the Citalopram I had been taking for about 4 days on the advice of my GP (prescribed after a 10 minute appointment which had her basically saying "This is the third time I've seen you. Here are some pills"). I was referred to the Community Mental Health Team after my family were afraid to leave me in the house alone incase I "did" something daft whilst having these awful thoughts. The CMHT advised me to stop the Citalopram and start taking 15mg Mirtazapine instead.

I have been on this for 7 weeks, and have up and down days but rarely anything stable - Usually a few good days are followed by a sudden crappy moment out of the blue which sends me backwards. I have now been advised that my dosage will soon be upped to 30mg as that is more of an effective level of medication for anxiety and the resultant depression it caused me.

In the lead up to this change, I have been advised to take 2 15mg tablets one evening, followed by 1 15mg the next in order to prepare the change of dose for my system so it is not such a shock.

Does anyone have any experiences of increasing the dose of Mirtazapine, and did it make them improve?

My anxiety has been so bad at times (even whilst on 15mg) that I have been unable to walk to town or even catch a bus. I also seem to have a frequent urge to use pass urine at times, even though nothing much happens! I also get a feeling that I am going to start crying for no reason, which is really odd!

Is 30mg a better dose for aiding anxiety? I sleep like a log most of the time on 15mg, so I am hoping that I wont sleep too much more on the higher dose.

Thanks,
Al