Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long?

Question How long?

How long does your panic attack last for? From the minute you realise it's happening until you feel you can function again.

Mine can last about 10-60 mins and just wondering what happens to everyone else. Even after this time I still have shakes/palpitations/red face and nausea but to the point where no one else would notice.
    Also for about 12 hours after the attack I am physically exhausted and all sore.
    I know there's no "normal" but I can't help freaking out.

thanks for helping

Chelle x

Re: How long?

hmm, well i tend to get hours of anxiety ,I guess4 hours shaking and breathing too fast is high anxiety not a panic attack?
    if i'm in bar and panic, i will just have to get home, i will start hyperventaliting and all that, but normally once i get home i'm ok.
    hmm sorry i can't really answere becuase i get so much anxiety it can be hard to tell how long a panic attack lasts.

My panic attacks are similar to yours Chelle, in that they last anything from a few minutes up to - the very longest ever - 2 hours. But usually, 9 out of 10 times they last for 10 to 15 minutes - although it seems like much longer at the time!

Mine last anywhere from 5-30 mins. In the most exrteme one I had lasted for a couple of hours.

but 90% of them are in the 5-10 range
    9% 11-30
    1% 30+

thats how I would break mine down.

My Panic attacks can last from 15 minuets to the longest one i ever had which was 3 hours, that frightened the life out of me and thought "i'd had it"

Mine can last from a couple of minitues to an hour, the worst one i had was on and off all night, but i to am left feeling really tires the next day and not quite with it if you know what i mean
    POLLY

Thanks for repying everyone - I feel a bit better now to realise that it's the same as others

8. Re: How long?

mine last about an hour or more..an yh i get tha tirdness stil 4 a few hours afta..its not nice = (..buh tha longest panic attack ive had was probably 2 days = \...buh dats i was on sumfin at tha tym n it was me 1st eva 1 = \ x

Rosiiee Webb x

Mine Last anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. In the most common case though I'd say they last about half an hour....Then I am still shaky and exhauster afterwards.

My current one started about half past four and its on and off now. It's one of the worst I've had for a long time and its taken me a while to stop analysing it and to remember to chill out and breathe.

They vary though. I usually have mild ones every couple of days for the moment - but tonights was/is something else!

I'm off to do some breathing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information