Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOING BACKWARDS?

GOING BACKWARDS?

Hey Everyone,

Haven't been on much recently as having bit of bad time. I started hypno+ emdr 3 weeks ago, and i really feel i have got worse since going?.. does that sound right.? I am back to DREADING the school playground with a vengenance and cannot drive, but at the same time i cant bear someone driving me. How ridiculous is that? I just feel that i am a scratched record and hard as i try nothing is getting easier.
    I have to see the educational psychologist next week about my 6yr old son, and i dont know how on earth i am gonna sit through it.

Sorry to ramble just feel so low.

tracy x x

hiya tracy, I think we all get that at times think we are going back? I am still waiting for theropy too after over 2 year wait and that dont help? I done the education part of cbt (phycho education was 3 weeks at 2 hours) but still waiting for the main part which they keep posponing. hope u get on ok. taaake care. Vernon

Hiya Tracy

Hang on in there hunny - If you have ever read my posts you will know that the school run has been on of my biggest hurdles. I know how you feel, I examined every nook and cranny trying to work out why I hated it so much - there was no answer so I just had to accept that I would feel rubbish every time I did it (not wonder if I will be OK - no I won't be OK... but it won't kill me acceptance) then I added distractin.

It has taken one month but I can honestly say that I now do not mind it all. I started by sending a text everytime I had to walk through the church to the school and again on the way back. Some days now I am back at the car and have not even thought to take the phone out of my bag.

Sotp dreading it, accept that you have to do this (for you) and then just try to make it as comfortable as possible. You can text me if you like on Monday morning?

Take care and don't dwell on it over the weekend.

Angie

Thanks Angie,

It only takes 5mins twice a day, but it affects my whole day. I really think if i could get the school playground sorted my day would improve? is that a bit too optimistic?! I just seem to get the kids there and then i spend the rest of day worrying, no matter how hard i try to put it to back of mind.
    I have tried distraction, but sometimes i am too far past the point of distracting myself.
    Reading thru your message i can actually see how where you are coming from with the accepting how its not going to be ok, but its not going to kill me! You've given me a different perspective on it, so thanks for that!! I'll try that thought Monday morning, and see what happens.
    Texting could help as i could be thinking about whether i am going to get a reply or not i suppose. What time do you have to do the school run?

tracy x x

Hi Tracy,

You go for it on Monday and let sus know how you're doing...

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hiya Tracy

I really do know what you mean, at my worse, I could not eat, could not dring or really function at all before the morning run then then at 2pm high anxiety would kick in - many a time I called my hubby at 3pm and begged him to get Millie for me. I leave the house at 8.45am and am back by 9am and in the afternoons leave at 3.15pm back at 3.30pm. If you send me your moby number by PM I will reply with mine and I will text you on Monday morning.

Another thing in my acceptance of it was to never get out of doing it. Two weeks ago we had parents assembly at school, we had to drop Millie off and then go back at 9.15am. Rob said to me at 8.45 I will drop Millie off if you like then we will go up later for assembly. The first thought that entered my mind was great - one less school run - as a punishment for my naughty negative thought I made myself take her alone!!!!! Even with a get out clause[:O]

I promise you hun, you will crack it - I am only two weeks into having it comfortably cracked but wow what a difference it has made to my overall existance. Everything else as a result of getting to grips with the school run is getting easier[^]

Take care hun...Angie

Just rememberred what made teh penny drop with distraction, it was something I read a bit like this:

First do sum a in your head then do sum b

a 354 + 279 =

b 194 - 57 =

Now -

Do both sums in your head at the same time = you can't!!!! The brain can only concentrate on one thing at a time.

So if sum a is anxious thoughts and sum b is sending a text (or reciting a story or the alphabet backwards) you can't do sum A!!!!!

It really does work if you refuse to let sum a enter your head [^]

Tracy

You will get through this and you have being through worst and come out the other side.

You are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Oh the good old school run - mine are all teenagers now and get themselves there and back but I remember it well.

I found the playing with my mob and texting a great help and as they got a little older (towards the end of junior school) I arranged to meet them a little further down the road which took me a little out of the chaos of millions of small people.

Just as you crack it - you no longer have to do it!!!!

With you in spirit guys and yes perhaps you should text each other it would be a fab distraction.

Lots of love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Morning Tracy, hope you are OK this morning. I did send you a quick text at about 8.50am, I do hope that you got it.

Hopefully the school run was manageable for you and that you are feeling a little more positive about it today.

Take care for now...Angie x x x x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information