Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Intervention Team.

Crisis Intervention Team.

Got to see the crisis intervention team tomorrow because i'm in a state and ended up in A and E this morning about 4pm. To cut a long story short the consultant who i saw has asked me to be referred to them and they are coming tomorrow morning.
    I was in the Priory for two and a half weeks and got discharged because Bupa wouldn't fund any more of my in patient stay.I'm still covered for all my out patient appointments though.
    One of the group i was in committed suicide though last week and it's knocked all of us for six and i think this is what's triggered the latest depressive episode.I can't get the whole thing out of my head and it was the funeral today.
    I just feel really low and can't get motivated at all to do anything and keep worrying about everything as well on top of everything else.
    I just hope they don't keep me in as an in patient....i don't know where to turn or who to turn to.

Re: Crisis Intervention Team.

OMG, I am sorry you are going through a rough time and the death of someone you knew. I hope the crisis team is able to give you some help and get you on the right road. Tons and tons of hugs.

I am so sorry one of your group comitted suicide. It is an awful thing obviously for them and their family, but also for everyone who knew them. It is like a stone thrown in the water, the ripples just go out and out for a huge area.
    I understand how you feel, an ex colleague of mine comitted suicide 2 weeks ago and while I haven't worked with her for quite some time, it was awful to hear. I imagine it must be awful for you and the members of your group. The difficulty with mental health problems, is it does bring us into contact with other people who may be really ill also. i don't mean it is a bad thing, I just mean it makes it more likely you will come into contact with situations like this.
    I am not surprised you are low and I expect you might feel a little scared too? I felt scared when I heard of my ex colleague, it made me think of my deep low moods, my hospital admissions and how much it affects everyone if someone takes that final hurdle. I got scared that I will ever get so low that I would do this. However, on the plus side, it made me more determined to take my treatment seriously, as I hadn't been up until recently.
    I don't think the crises team will want you inpatient, their job is to try and support you at home.
    Take it easy, and easier said than done, but try to relax, even if just for a little while.
    Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Hi Wombat chap

I hope you start to feel better soon mate, I always feel a twinge of sadness when I hear of someone who has carried out the S word. I don't even like using the word, but that's becasue I have a healthy fear of being in that state of mind.

Not sure what else to say bud, just hope you get on the path to recovery real soon.

Best wishes,

Jaco

Don't worry about the crisis team visiting you they are there to offer you support and ideally to keep you out of hospital, they will only admit you if you are a real danger to yourself.

Sorry to hear about the member of your group, that sort of news is always distressing.

Hope you feel better soon.

Lots of Love

Heather

Wombat: I would try to contact your consultant at the Priory via his or her secretary. I would tell them that you are having a crisis and are being seen by the crisis prevention team. I am sure that they will try to help you and see you. It will be difficult if you are admitted as you will have a different psychiatrist on the NHS. You could phone BUPA or get someone else to do it to see if you could have another inpatient stay. I see a consultant at one of the Priory hospitals and have direct access to him through his secretary. I also have some BUPA coverage but not all so I know how frustrating it all is. Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Thanks so much for all you help everyone.I actually phoned my psychiatrist after i came out of A and E and told him what had happened. He then rang them and gave them more info on my treatment etc.
    He has said previously that if i went into a NHS ward it would "scare" me because i'm on the sensitive side but today he said they are only trying to help so i'm all over the place at the moment wondering what they've got planned.
    My doctor at the priory met up with me today in his own time which i thought was really nice of him and he didn't have to.
    I have checked with BUPA to check that i'm covered and they said i'm not.When i started of as a day patient i had twelve 2 hour appointments and they've counted them as one day. I was in as an inpatient for sixteen days plus the twelve which makes twenty eight days-which is my full entitlement for the year....bit naughty of them!!
    They count day patient appointments the same as in patient appointments even if you only go for two hours.

I think what freeked us all out was the fact that he seemed ok and all his family and friends would visit and would say how much he was looking forward to going home and getting back to work again.
    He seemed the strong one for the rest of us out of the whole group.His psychiatrist has gone to the funeral today which i thinks really nice.
    It must be really difficult for them as well musn't it?
    I do feel like i've got dependant on the place really which i don't think is healthy at all really.I spoke to my psychologist and he said " whats wrong with that". I just feel like i can't cope when i'm not there and don't like feeling like that.
    I should be grateful i have had the opportunity to stay there in the first place when other people would snap your hand off to stay there.
    I just wish i could snap out of the low mood i'm in at the moment.

Wombat, try not to give yourself a hard time for not being able to 'snap out of it' depression is just not like that. I have given myself such a hard time for my behaviour over the past two years, thinking if I really tried to, I could have made it all different. It is not to be. By accepting it, the illness, it doesn't make the low moods any easier, but at least I am not giving myself a guilt trip on top...which sort of does make it a bit easier...if you see what I mean
    happyone
    x

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Hi

Makes a lot of sense.It's bad enough feeling depressed without all the other garbage that goe's with it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information