Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: different brands-different effects

Re: different brands-different effects

I think you def get side effects from different brands - you see how it often says film coated tablets.. the coating can be different - the main ingredient is the same though

Old thread I know, but a couple of weeks after taking a particular manufacturer's generic fluoxetine I'm experiencing a significant downturn in mood, can't concentrate as well, not sleeping as well. This is the second time this has happened with this manufacturer. I've tried to avoid them but guess what I got last time I went to my "safe" pharmacy?

Spoke to a secretary ay my GPs yest and said I wanted to ask doc if she could prescribe Prozac instead to avoid the lottery. Never got the promised return phone call.

What now? Do I make an appt with the doc ( who I think thinks I'm a nutter now) and try to press my case. I don't think I can face it, being told I'm just being silly, but neither do I want to feel like this. Advice, anybody?

Well, I got Prozac - and now I seem to be getting side effects, which kinda proves my theory but all the same isn't nice. Feeling sedated, a bit nauseous and a bit dizzy. Going to drop to 20mg and take evening instead of morning.

I understand there might not be anybody out there who can relate to my current position but would be nice to get a few replies anyway. I've come to rely on NMP a lot when I'm having probs (which isn't that often these days) and am feeling very isolated at the mo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information