Thread: Really worried about symptoms

Really worried about symptoms

I have been having anxiety problems for awhile. I was having what seemed to be anxiety attacks...chills, clammy palms, shaky feeling inside, lightheaded, felt like I couldn't sit down, I just paced my house. Then it turned into that I felt nervous all day long even when I wasn't having an attack. I became concerned that there was something wrong with my heart because I thought my heart felt funny. I went to the doctor and she did a EKG which came out fine. She said it sounded like anxiety and I started seeing a therapist and I was put on zoloft which I have been taking alittle more than a week. Now that I know nothing is wrong with my heart, I have started thinking that there is something wrong with my brain. I feel lightheaded, weird sensations in my head, Sometimes I feel like a can't walk right, plus I dont have blurred vision but I feel like I can't see properly. I went back to the doctor and she looked at my eyes, and did a Romberg test and said I looked fine. She said I am probably just thinking about my body to much. Now that was almost a week ago. After I saw her I remembered someone telling me that uneven pupil dilation was a sign of a brain tumor so I checked thinking it would make me feel better, but my right looks a little bigger then the left. It also looks worse in dim light, but my pupils still react to light. When I asked other people they said that it does look a little bigger. My pupils also look more dilated than other people, which someone told me can be caused by anxiety. I don't know. I am just really freaked out. Is there any way that in a week my eyes could change because of a brain tumor??

Hi Chloe

Pleased you have posted on here and i hope we can all offer you some support and help you through this.

With anxiety it is very common to think you may have a brain tumour or other fatal illnesses but is rarely the case. My dad died of a brain tumour and trust me he was the last one to know and probably until he passed away he had no idea. Brain tumours dont present the symptoms of anxiety that you are feeling. Hope this reassures you and i hope we can all support you through this and that you realise by reading posts on the site that you are not alone in how you feel.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Chloe,

The symptoms you're reporting with your head are just anxiety and settling onto Zoloft symptoms and will pass in a couple of weeks.

The pupils thing is normal , anxiety tenses up the optic muscles just as it does every other muscle and this can lead you to believe they are different sizes.

Uneven pupils are NOT a sign of an early brain tumour especially in absence of any other symptoms.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Welcome Chloe!! What you describe sounds very much like anxiety. I have suffered the same symptoms at some point over the last 2 years. Please don't worry..

Thread Information