Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glands

Glands

My dentist told me today I should only be worried about my glands being up if they don't hurt. Mine don't hurt and now I am terrifield that my problems are going to be throat cancer. Has anyone elses glands swollen up in there neck and not been painful but harmless, is he right ..should I be worried. I am terrified now.

Thanks xx

Re: Glands

Heya, i think you should go to the doctors today and just say you are getting worse and need to know whats going on. Regardless on waiting for bloods you cant sit there and be this sad over the weekend it will make you worse and you will just think about it. Why dont you ask the doctor to give you a ring even if you cant go in? My glands always feel enlarged but i guess not up, do you find you feel better when your out and about?

x

Hi Jannnne, you know that going over and over it in your head isn't helping - we all do it, of course - but you're just winding yourself up. Perhaps make an appointment to see your GP as soon as you can to get yourself checked over and put your mind at ease, but until then, do something else, distract yourself (no googling), because worrying about it isn't going to make a difference one way or t'other. I know that's easier said than done - I tell myself the same thing all the time! I had swollen lymph nodes for ages with a viral thing recently - they hurt as they were going up or down but not always when they were just plain swollen. Most of them have gone back down now but I have a couple that are always bigger than the others and don't hurt (unless I poke and prod them loads like I did recently!). It's not unusual, apparently. You'll be fine, chuck

Yes, I do feel better when I am completely busy, which I know points to anxiety. But there is definitely something going on inside me, I hope it is only acid reflux but I am worried I may have been ingnoring these symptoms for longer and although I would not say I had a drink problem I have drunk half a bottle of wine a day for the last 20 years not to mention the fumes from hairspray, which I use quite a lot of. I suppose I have just gotten myself in a state I was quite happy thinking acid reflux but now after the dentist saying that I am thinking otherwise. Have rung my GP and they have said that I need to wait for the blood results and take things from there. Thank you for all your support... Hope you are feeling better soon too.

jannnne

is it just the one node thats come up or a few?

a few on both sides of my neck, doc and dentist both said glands not gland urgh ....oh worry worry worry, I have felt sick with it all day.

I had both glands up for four weeks without any pain whatsoever. I went to the doctors twice over it. They did a blood test and said that 'yes, I was fighting an infection and they'd go down eventually' and they did. Try not to worry hun!

Oh thank you helen, that's just what I need to hear at the minute its funny how other peoples experiences can help with your own anxiety I felt my anxiety subside slightly as I read your reply big hugs xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for the double post but it wouldn't let me edit. I just wanted to mention on a similar topic...my daughter developed a rash and when the doctor examined her she noticed that her glands were slightly swollen--apparantly it is a common sign of a general viral infection even if the infection is not the throat. My daughter was not feeling any pain from them either. I think your dentist must be generaising horrendously.

I hope you feel better ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by jannnne View Post
    Oh thank you helen, that's just what I need to hear at the minute its funny how other peoples experiences can help with your own anxiety I felt my anxiety subside slightly as I read your reply big hugs xxxxxxxxxx
    Hugs you! You're very welcome. I hope you see my second post too and that it helps a little more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information