Thread: really worried

really worried

my daughter is gonig away saturday to benidorm , 2 nights ago i had a awful dream she dies in a car crash , i woke up crying my eyes out , i went into my other daughters room and she said mum shes not real shes a ghost , she was due to go on a coach to the airport now today she tells me shes gonig by car im so worried my anxiety has got even worse what if something happens to her i cant stop crying im so scared

Re: really worried

Hi

I have been on this site the past two weeks with worry and now feel strong enough to reply to a post. I think you maybe worry about your family too much. I have regular dreams about plane crashes, really weird but so real. I think you have to rest assure and realise your worries are natural. Parents will always worry about their children, no matter how old they are.

Please try not worry, and think your worries are totally natural. Think if you didn't worry about your child? That'd be a worry? Your a good parent.

hi im not sure if this is going to make sense but will give it a try. . .
    we all dream about things like car crashes plane crashes etc. . . but because of how our mind works with our anxiety and panic it has taken what is on your mind and slotted it into your dream. . .
    please try not to worry . . . i remember well when my eldest first went abroad on her own (well without family) i just wanted to shout "stop, no, stay with me" but they have to do their own things and it will get easier next time. but you have got to try and remember that she wants to go and will have a great time,
    but yes i agree with citygirl we all worry about our kids and if we didnt now that would be something worth worrying about.
    i know it will be hard for you until she returns but try to keep busy and keep posting people will understand.
    rach
    x

I worry constantly about my children being snatched, my daughter now goes to the corner shop on her own - she is 7 and I spend the whole 5 minutes it takes her terrified. BUt I know I have to start to let her spread her wings, it is part of being a parent. I dream of something happening to them all the time and I think it's right that our conscious worries end up in our dreams.

I can't imagine her going further than the corner shop on her own so I can't imagine how you feel.

I'm sure she'll have a fantastic time and come home safe and sound like we all have done in the past.

hi you are not alone with these thoughts my son went to spain this year just after the plane crash in madrid i was living on a knife edge 24/7 but you must try not to put your fears on to her (HARD is not a stronge enough word) but we must not pass our fears on to them my son knows i am a worrier and we make a joke of it he calls me his worry wort he is very good and texts me when he landed (2.30 am) your girl will do the same for you i found that and i know this will sound daft but once he left i was a little better she will have a fantastic time as did my son just wait for the photos

thank you all for the replies, i feel a bit better now knowing im not alone , im sure she will ring me as soon as lands and she will have a great time ,just the stupid dream/nightmare hanging over me she is 16 and going with her friend and her family so will be looked after im sure ,thanks again

amandaxx

Thread Information