Thread: Cant breathe

Unhappy Cant breathe

Ive been really battling with my anxiety and feel like im doin really well but my anxiety is coming out in other ways now im having panic attacks where i feel like someones sat on my chest and i cant breathe. I walking round aswell feeling as though im about to collapse Has anyone else had these symptoms and got any advice on how to cope with them any advice would be appreciated x

Re: Cant breathe

hi
    i too feel like sumone is sat on my chest when im anxious and having a panic attacks i just try to do summat to take my mind off it like clean or read its a horrible feeling i hate it taking my mind off it normally eases it

Sonya

You have probably just explained one of the most common symptoms of anxiety in your post!

Ok you are going round in circles here, your breathing is going so your chest is tense, you walking around thinking something bad is going to happen to because your breathing is going and your chest is tense. Try to break the cycle huni! Distract, it's hard but you can do it. Things that work for me are, call a friend, clean the kitchen (mad but works lol), chat on here, something that involves someone else so you are paying attention to someone else rather than mainly on you.

Give it a try sweety

Love Lisa
    xxx

Thanks for your quick replies ive jus had my rescue remedy and got in bed and im calming down loads now, i hate the feeling of not being able to breathe properly its not a symptom ive had before, oh well just gonna have to battle the new ones now!

try to breathe in and count to four and when you breathe out count to six it slows your breathing down because mainly when we feel we cant breathe we are over breathing just anothere sypmtom of anxiety try it hope it helps tc xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by bottleblond View Post
    Sonya

You have probably just explained one of the most common symptoms of anxiety in your post!

Ok you are going round in circles here, your breathing is going so your chest is tense, you walking around thinking something bad is going to happen to because your breathing is going and your chest is tense. Try to break the cycle huni! Distract, it's hard but you can do it. Things that work for me are, call a friend, clean the kitchen (mad but works lol), chat on here, something that involves someone else so you are paying attention to someone else rather than mainly on you.

Give it a try sweety

Love Lisa
    xxx
    I agree totally.

Something else I'm learning is that if you are not afraid of it happening it doesn't bother trying. I've had some great days and feeling really positive and strong. This thing won't get me I say!

Thread Information