Thread: Head Squeezing

Head Squeezing

Hello, I have suffered from panic attacks since 2006 and anxiety has been present throughout my life. Since the early summer, I've had a very unpleasant feeling every now and then, as though someone has their hands around my head, holding it in a basketball like-manner, and squeezing my brain. It never lasts for too long, going away after less than a minute regularly. The first time it happened, I ignored it, thinking "oh, it's just anxiety, I'm stronger than it", and to my dismay, I randomly collapsed whilst ordering food. Didn't lose conciousness or anything, just fell to the floor.

I'm only 18 years old, and when I first started having panic attacks, the typical "I can't breathe, I'm having a heart attack, etc", I was demanding my parents take me to the ER each time they happened, going twice in about two months and more afterwards, whilst ignoring a lot of more minor ones in between. My parents refuse to believe in panic disorder, instead choosing to think that I am a hypochondriac, which I will admit may be possible now, as I frequently find myself worrying about my foamy urine, even though a doctor said i am fine, and other minor things. However, this has certainly not been the case since my panic onset, I've only been a "hypochondriac" since Spring.

But anyways, what I was getting to with that last paragraph is, since they had taken me to the hospital so many times and hearing doctors say there's nothing wrong with me, they refuse to listen to anything I have to say about my health, oftentimes even laughing, and certainly won't schedule me a doctor's appointment, and given as I'm unemployed at the moment and probably won't be able to investigate this problem medically anymore for a likely good two months or so when I have my license and am (hopefully) working, has anyone had a similar symptom to this? It just concerns me deeply, because it is a very frightening feeling, and without even being able to get it checked out, it scares me a lot.

It doesn't happen everyday, in fact it happens so infrequently that often I think it won't happen anymore and then it comes back at some unexpected time to surprise me.

Smile Re: Head Squeezing

HEY...welcome to nmp... im so sorry to hear about your parents not beleiving you this must be awful..i have not had the symptom you describe but have you ever considerd it may be health anxiety...have a look in the forum under health anxiety im sure youll find all you need to know there..anytime you need a chat or some reassurance ppm me hun...good luck forthe future...tc xxx

Re: Head Squeezing

Welcome. I have also had head pressure so bad I felt like my legs were going to give out and it also lasts only a few seconds and then its gone. I have only fallen once also but it wasnt passing out or fainting. My legs just buckled. I still have it every once in a while usually when I am stressed or around alot of noise or people. I have learned not to let it scare me. When you give up the fear the symptom will usually go away. I am sorry to hear you are not getting alot of support. Maybe if you showed you family this site it might help. Health anxiety is real and having a great support system will go along way n helping you recover. Take care and write me if I can help in any way.

Thread Information