Thread: please help.

please help.

hello everyone. i'm 24 years old and i recently started having panic attacks. is it normal to feel the symptoms for 2 hours? like not being able to breathe, chest pains and light headedness. i thought they lasted about 30 minutes. i'm sorry for sounding stupid, but like i said i just started experiencing attacks 3 months ago so i'm a bit confused with all of this and honestly i'm very afraid because i try to calm myself down and i just can't seem to.

Re: please help.

Hiya, to NMP its lovely to have you here.
    You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

Hi

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Hi Tiktikboom,

Welcome to the NMP family!

Your sypmtoms sound familiar for sure. I've often felt like I was not able to calm down for several hours - it drives you nuts doesn't it!

Rest assured that you will find plenty of info, advice and support here on this website.

To lift your spirits when you are struggling, try reading some of the stories in the 'success stories' forum.

Make full use of the forums, and don't hesistate to ask about anything. If we can help, we will!

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

a friday welcome to nmp

love

milly xx

thank you all for your help and support! i thought i was surely going to die last night but i read the forums and it actually helped. i kept telling myself "see, you won't die, you won't have a heart attack or choke. these people experience this too and they didn't die" i started to calm down. now i just need to learn how to not be so terrified when i have another

Glad that you have come to the right place for encouragement and support. Keep coming back. It works.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi

Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Hi there, and being terrified of the next one is what keeps the fear going. I know panic is a horrible feeling but try not to let it now take over, by waiting for the next...it might not happen, some people only get one and then never again, but if you do get another just do what you did before and talk yourself out of it...you did well. Deep breaths xxx

Thread Information